HKPRO Forums banner

If you had the 50th Ann. HK, would you shoot it?

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow HKers,

There's very little discussion on the boards about the 50th Anniversary HK USP 45c. I have one that is my safe queen. As soon as I learned they were coming out I ran to my local Gun dealer at the time (Southside Gun II in Jacksonville, FL.) to slap down my Grand to order it.

That's about the time the SL-8 came out too, so it was a toss up. The Anniversary won out for me.

I'm curious to know how many of you out there have one, and if you do; Have you shot it? Mine is still unfired and will remain so until I pass it down to my unborn child. Hopefully it will remain a family hierloom for many generations.

As far as I can tell the end of serial # is the weapon # of 1000. Mine ends in 925. Is this a correct assumption? Check in with your numbers.

Was this commemorative HK intended for exclusive export to the U.S? If not, why is "Anniversary" written in English and not German?

Any ideas on how many made it to the States?

----------------------------------------
2020 Value [updated 9 Dec 2021]
Blue Book of Gun Values 41st Ed (2020) on page 1002 shows value as:
(No change in value since 2008)
100%: $1150
98%: $895
95%: 795
Last MSR in 2000 was $999

8 Dec 2021. Pics disappeared over the years. I'm adding this one for reference. I just snagged it off a google search.
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
12,463 Posts
I have one! Shot it a couple of times and will eventually get around to shooting it again. I have no intention of selling it, so I might as well enjoy it.

Reactions: RetropM

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well that's 4 of 1000 including BOXER and IMTHESKI. Not a bad start for a 11 hour old thread. Hopefully we'll get some answers to some of the questions soon.

What is the approximate value of an unfired HK UPSC 45 ACP 50th Anniversary edition in a rosewood box? Never seen one for sale expect once and bought it. Not too happy about buying a gun that I cannot shoot, but what the heck.

It ended up getting sold, twice. Once by Bud and once from the guy I bought it off of. It now resides next to my P7M8 Jubilee! The whole thing is a really funny story that in the end worked out for everybody. Bud got his money, the second guy (really great guy) couldn't shoot it, thought it looked too nice. Sold it to me to finance a Para which IIRC was to replace his first handgun that he had sold. And I got a 50th! WoooHooo! Great people around these parts!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
#533 here, The only non original thing on it is the outside black box with the metallic red HK on it that the wooden box goes in. I had to track that down, got lucky. It isn't serialized to it so I am happy.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
#733 here.

I was the 3rd owner. First owner shot 20 rounds thru it and put it back in the box. My Buddy bought it as an investment and never shot it. I then purchased it. Broke it down and the first ower never even cleaned it.
The price I paid was cheaper than a Normal .45 so I shoot it and Enjoy...JohnB

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have 873 and 874, bought them through Gun Gallery on Beach Blvd in Jax. They were a transfer from The Arsenal in Lincoln NE.

Never been shot except from the factory. Are your slides engraved on the inside with the last three digits of the serial number? Inside flat area almost under the front site?

I was the first on here to post pictures of the 50. That is my coin Tom has up in the World of HK, under USP compacts.

Be Safe
Gayle

PS...Anyone know how that emblem is held in place?

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have 873 and 874, bought them through Gun Gallery on Beach Blvd in Jax. They were a transfer from The Arsenal in Lincoln NE.

Never been shot except from the factory. Are your slides engraved on the inside with the last three digits of the serial number? Inside flat area almost under the front site?

I was the first on here to post pictures of the 50. That is my coin Tom has up in the World of HK, under USP compacts.
You have two sequential??!!?? Man, I'm so jealous. Good for you. I bought my very first HK (USPc 9mm) back in '98 from the Gun Gallery when they had the store in Orange Park. Those guys rock. The fact that they are still in business is a testament to thier work ethic and reputation.

About the serial # inside the slide: You know I don't think I ever took the slide off...Ha Ha Ha. I just can't remember. I will get mine back next weekend and take a look. I'm in Panama City and my 50th is in Jacksonville in my Step-Dad's safe.

That's pretty cool about the coin. Wasn't this particular design only available with the 50th? I've seen a few (very few) for sale over the years. I just don't understand why somone would break up thier package.

BTW....Did you have the Gold lettering done on your slide (HK USP Compact) or did it come that way?

OK guys...we've seen a lot of visits to this thread, but very few Poll takers. Tell us what ya think...Your Vote Counts...being from FL I know...LOL

·
Registered
295 Posts
The coin was available w/o gun, sealed in plastic protector. Time frame was around when the 1/1000 knife was available as well.

Be Safe
Gayle

·
Registered
295 Posts
Gemarsh:
Where can I get a Beautiful Knife like yours?? It goes Perfect in the Set!!...JohnB

Sweet pistol's Guy's
They were available from HK's webshop back in the day. Comes in a nice metal tin with a numbered card. The card number will match the number on the thumb release. I'll post a pic later.

No my knifes numbers don't match the guns. I'm not that anal....well, I did try. Gave up trying.

Keep an eye out on the auction sites. They show up now and again. I haven't seen one for sale for a couple of years though. They will show up for sale now that we are talking about them. They'll be at a premium though.

They were 125$ virgins in the day. And the coins were 25$.

Be Safe
Gayle

Here you go....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hate to hijack this thread...but this will get seen more than a knife post...

Will trade NIT knifes...#454 and 595 for 873 and 874. Can be slightly handled... Will need photos. If they are NIT, I might throw in cash and pay for insured shipping from you.

Don't hurt to ask
Gayle

·
Registered
625 Posts
I am not sure of the serial #, still at my FFL. It appears to be unfired, not even at the factory, as there is no fired casing and no line in the throat of the barrel. I have pistols that are more expensive than what I paid for this one, but I think this guy will just sit in the safe and come out for a few visits with friends.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.