HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yesterday I had the joy of driving over to Ghillie's place (his shop is an hour away) and picking up the two new girls for my harem of HK Clones.. Well I wasn't disappointed! Jeff took me out and allowed me to run them with the go switch. Pure joy! The 53K was super smooth while the 52 was like butter. Both had a slower rate of fire then I expected, but nevertheless, the recoil... what recoil.

Anyway, just as expected the guns are beautifully built. The finish is just perfect and the welds look amazing. During the build process, I received no less then 10 calls from Ghrillie keeping me up to date on the progress of the build. The barrels are pressed, they are assembled or test firing videos are posted... I haven't had that type of customer service in a long time. The best part, is that from delivery of all parts until they were ready to come home... 3 weeks. Yes 3 short weeks to pick up both of them and one parts set was delivered a week after the other, so one gun only took two weeks.

Anyway, I was surprised when I was at Jeff's shop and found he had builds stacked up going from blasting to paint, to delivery while others were in the middle of being welded. This guy is a machine knocking out builds one after the other... Well, enough of my rambling about my extreme joy.. here are some pics!

53K with a friends registered sear installed... it has to be perfect!

The 52, I didn't take the time to install the sear pack as I don't have a stock for it.

A few words for all who helped with this...
Big thanks to Jeff for all of his work, his customer service and for building me two beautiful guns. Thanks to Robert of (RTG) for all the small parts needed for the build and thanks for Adam for the 52 kit. I look forward putting these through their paces! For anyone looking at a build, give Jeff a call, he WILL hook you up and won't keep you waiting, wondering about your build process.

Keep Shooting,

Jesse

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Those are both awesome. I am really liking the 53k. Jeff does great work. I just might have to get one of those.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Outstanding builds. My 53 was done in one week. Amazing. Some others there is a wait of a year. You get one of the best builds a n the country. Updated with calls. And surprise the builder actually calls to let you know how it came out. I agree there are other great builders on this forum. But no one goes out of their way to help people more than Jeff. When I send anything to Jeff I completely trust him not only as a builder but as a person. My only problem is now I want one of each that you just had built. Again they look outstanding. I think Jeff told me you were coming to his shop Monday to take pictures. If you are I will be there Monday morning to pick up my 53

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
930 Posts
I have dealt with long waits in the 1911 world. Wilson stuff takes me forever to get. And
I see others waiting for over a year for a build on this forum. I am sure the wait is worth it for them. But come on HK's were not meant to be elegant custom built guns. I have seen the term actually used on this forum of a collector grade build of a HK weapon built from scratch. So how can you have a collector type weapon built off a clone receiver to start with. Yes maybe an original hK weapon that is different but I believe Jeff has hit the right amount of balance here between quality of build (perfect in my opinion) vs what. For value and what you get there is not anyone better.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Here is what gets me. These guns are stamped and welded steel. They are either built well or crappy. They are not $40K Holland & Holland's. PCS guns are made as well as these guns can be made. Look at Jesser's gun in this thread. That is as good as any HK collector grade gun and are quite elegant IMHO. Even better because HK does not make either of the 2 guns pictured. I use my guns and pretty hard at that so they MUST work flawlessly otherwise they are of no use to me. Who else sends you a video of your gun working in SA/FA before you get it? Me? Not interested in hanger queens. The several I do have were made in the 1920's and 1930-1940's and I even shoot those.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I have been wanted to post something on this subject after seeing all of the wait times for some of these builds. It seems that some are actually proud that there is a two year backlog or that it takes such a long time to turn a build out. In my business as a IT manager if I had a two year backlog I would not have a job. If I had a historical weapon say a colt single action army from the 1800's that might be different. First the value of the gun second parts third who you get to work on this. That might take some time. And yes it seems feast of famine here you either wait or settle for something less than what works. Many years ago the parts and builders were not available to us. Now we have parts both US made and factory parts available to us. Receivers can be hit or miss. PTR and lsc built flats or Special Weapons 93 type. All have to be reworked to some degree but still it is not like these have not been produced or seen before. Based on my years with my Vollmer 53 conversion of not having someone I could take it to to get it working. I bought the conversion in 1966 for 1250 plus my 93. So I got a great deal on my sear but I went years with the gun not functioning 100 percent. Not til Jeff got a hold of it did it work properly. I want my weapons to work out of the box. I paid for a product that did not because I did not know better. Now I do. I know who builds a gun that works out of the box and if I have any problems I can call Jeff to help me. Heck he has even called me when I was on the range testing one of his builds. He diagnosed a problem at the range on a Saturday. This type of customer service and quality of the received final product and cost evolved can not be beat anywhere else in my opinion. I have told Jeff this before, but I have never seen someone take care of his customers better in any business than Jeff takes care of his.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Jeff rescued my Hk91 with a G3k conversion. I thought my Hk91 was gone, dead in the water. But Jeff, being as honest and helpful as he is, brought it back to life. It is now the softest shooting, steel shredding piece of machinery I could have possibly imagined. I have nothing but the highest regard for Jeff, which is why he's working an MP5 build for me now.

His respect towards his craft and to his customers are more than I can say for some. A true gentleman.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm glad you like my guns! I enjoy them every chance I get by sending lead down range!

·
Banned
631 Posts
I have dealt with long waits in the 1911 world. Wilson stuff takes me forever to get.
Not to hijak, but what parts do you wait for? PM ME. I make a few of these and a friend in the my same complex makes most of the rest. Has since Wilson was working out of the back of the jewelry store back in the day.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Awesome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts