HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some advice please! I'm looking to put together a new addition to the family, but I can't decide if I want to go with a 53/or clone or a 416/or similar clone. I think they would both be great additions, but I could use some input on how to best spend available funds. I am partial to a 93 to 53 conversion, but this seems very pricey. Any and all advice from those in the know would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The thing about the 416 is you can get it in a number of configurations depending on the upper lenght whereas the 53 is one size. I would guess that you are going to use this for fun and not work, so critical performance issues would not be as high on the priority as fun and cool are. That said the 416 is as many people can attest, is as good an AR platform out there. But, it is still an AR despite it's technical advances. The 53 on the other hand is a head-turner. It is a .223 weapon disguised as an MP5. You will not see many around where you shoot and let's face it, roller-delayed blowback designs are bettle-tested and a hoot to shoot. I recommend getting a 53 pistol from Vector and SBR'ing it and never look back. It'll be way less expensive than getting a 416 upper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts