HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a single attachment point w option to go to two. Has anyone tried tac strap w the ikick hippies slap plate, wanting to get something for ambidextrous use if needed, my friend has vtac but his is two point, Thanx for any input

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
just my opinion, but you can't go wrong with the Vickers Sling from Blue Force Gear... I know you said single point sling though....

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
27 Posts
two point sling

So let me get this straight. On a MR556 for a two point sling, you can get your factory sling
HK 416 Sling | MR556 Sling - HKPARTS.NET or a Vickers or whatever, but HK does not have a factory rail mount or anything for the front? Is this correct? This just seems like a lack of forethought.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I will keep this breif.

The factory 416 sling is not a good option period.

HK hooks can easily fail if used improperly and should only be used when necessary.

Single point slings have too many cons to list. They can be used for quick transition if setup properly and practiced.

LCSO hit it on the head. Adj. 2-pt is the most versatile options.

An HK sling adapter would be about $200+ if it existed. Viable parts exist for much less.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Since the BFG Vickers option has already been mentioned I'll throw in a Magpul option as well MS2/MS3. Haven't seen the MS3 yet, but IMHO the MS2 strap was just too skinny.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was going to get hk hook for main attachment then this quick release for rear , I would like to do a 3 gun comp down road and have seen different set ups

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tac strap

Received my tac strap from billy , handmade good quality, fast service works very well w my I kick hippies slap plate pics to follow , American flag sets it apart

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Out of morbid curiosity, how did your arrive at the TacStrap/Slap Hippies combination as I can honestly say I have not heard of either product/company before they were mentioned here.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
I use a GG&G "HK style" sling point for my front sling point, and I used the sling hook my 416 came with (because it has has the bit for taking the forend off), with my Vickers Blue Force 2-point sling. As far as snap hook failing, as I understand it, they have the potential of fail when used on non-HK specific attachment points, when the "snap" portion of the hook enters into the loop/attachment point, which is no the case with the sling point I'm using (or standard HK attachment points).... anyway, just my thoughts....

I too am curious about the kick hippies thing.... pic's

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Out of morbid curiosity, how did your arrive at the TacStrap/Slap Hippies combination as I can honestly say I have not heard of either product/company before they were mentioned here.
I do a little looking , aka research , see what people have then find what I like. Magpul looks cheap my tac strap looks like it cost twice as much, the slap plate is beefy and functional, serves its purpose, there is cool **** out there you just have to give them a chance

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I do a little looking , aka research , see what people have then find what I like. Magpul looks cheap my tac strap looks like it cost twice as much, the slap plate is beefy and functional, serves its purpose, there is cool **** out there you just have to give them a chance
Who are these "people" and what sources/sites did you use for your research?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
point blank literally

friends, you tube , different sights, the 556 is my first rifle, i wanted a single point sling that could goto two point , and if ever need be i could shoot it right handed if i had too since im a lefty, i am new to this forum and thought it would help people to see that there is more out there, my buddy went w a real nice two point for his LMT, but i didnt like it , hope this answers your question, lil background on me im just a farm boy from kentucky who grew up all over the world "thank the navy for that" , by the way i just got a bad ass rifle bag from vodoo tactical , check them out if you dont have one

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Good. I like to see that people are getting out, trying stuff and forming their own opinion on things. I was hoping it was more thoughtful than: "I just went on ar15.com and...."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts