HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So how is the value of the old 89 holding after HK bring the 5K in?

I thought there is some ban on German export or US import of firearm so that is why I cannot find anymore SIG X-Five, how was HK able to bring these in?

Look like HK doesn't hate Civvie anymore

edit to add sorry wrong forum. Please help me move this.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
The SP89 is holding tight around $4000 in value, basically unchanged since the release of the SP5K. Most people thought the SP89 value would plummet once the SP5K hit the streets. However the fact is the SP89 is still rare and no longer available, which means it will have HK collector value irregardless of newer models.

I thought there is some ban on German export or US import of firearm so that is why I cannot find anymore SIG X-Five, how was HK able to bring these in?
Not a simple all out ban per say, just lots of hoops and difficulties. The issue SIG ran into with the X-Five is a completely different animal all together.

Look like HK doesn't hate Civvie anymore
HK never hated civilians. The German Govt and US Govt hates civilians and they have HK USA and HK GmbH hands tied behind their back. HK GmbH also made some questionable deals with foreign govts that go their hand slapped and still poses rob blocks to this day.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
The SP89 is holding tight around $4000 in value, basically unchanged since the release of the SP5K. Most people thought the SP89 value would plummet once the SP5K hit the streets. However the fact is the SP89 is still rare and no longer available, which means it will have HK collector value irregardless of newer models.

Not a simple all out ban per say, just lots of hoops and difficulties. The issue SIG ran into with the X-Five is a completely different animal all together.

HK never hated civilians. The German Govt and US Govt hates civilians and they have HK USA and HK GmbH hands tied behind their back. HK GmbH also made some questionable deals with foreign govts that go their hand slapped and still poses rob blocks to this day.
This is why I bought an SP5K as soon as I found one locally. They might be a limited run with the upcoming election and whatever else happens. Frankly, I'm surprised they ever made it over here.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The SP5K is a gift which you should appreciate while it's available.

No telling when the supply will be cut again.

If HRC gets elected you can kiss it goodbye with an EO.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,930 Posts
Ive seen a few sell in the 3kish range I dont think many are selling above 4k and some guys are holding, I would jump on a SK5 though I did $2175 delivered from one of our great vendors........I think as the supply of SK5's increases over here the price of 89's will Drop like Hilary did w/"pneumonia" personally I would not give you more than $2176 for one.........YMMV

·
Registered
700 Posts
The biggest thing I see with the sp89 is that some of them were built early enough that 922r doesn't apply. Maybe some states have bans that it would be considered preban to as well.

Past that the sp5k is really just a newer version with the f parts installed and an easier front block as far as putting a paddle mag release on. Short of wanting one for collecting(and I think most don't care as they want it remarked and upgraded) or just really wanting to go all German with parts I'd think their value will get lower and be more in line with the new guns.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
The SP89 value will gradually and steadily increase--- trust me!!! :biggrin:
The SP5K fills that $2.5K niche, panicked sellers brought the value of the SP89 down, the SP5K "fever" will subside, and the "classic" SP89 will prevail. :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
The SP89 value will gradually and steadily increase--- trust me!!! :biggrin:
The SP5K fills that $2.5K niche, panicked sellers brought the value of the SP89 down, the SP5K "fever" will subside, and the "classic" SP89 will prevail. :wink:

Tony
I don't trust anybody who expends the effort to post like you do (fonts and bold lettering and such). :biggrin:

Actually, I think that the growing familiarity with the SP5K is increasing the interest in it and that will continue to chip away at the SP89's value/price. I'm not predicting that it will drop substantially, but I don't see it rising as long as the SP5K is available for the $2k range. I know that I personally bought one instead of the SP89 I had been thinking about for years. And now that I have it and did the mods to the carrier and my sear grip, I have no need for an SP89. The 922r advantage of the early SP89s doesn't even affect my views for myself since it doesn't impact machine guns. But I can see that making a bit of a difference to those who want a stock and have no plans of getting a sear.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,930 Posts
Actually, I think that the growing familiarity with the SP5K is increasing the interest in it and that will continue to chip away at the SP89's value/price. I'm not predicting that it will drop substantially
It already has dropped substantially:

H&K SP 89 9mm NO RESERVE : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

HK SP-89 : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com (No Bids) Had been listed too many times to count either got tired of listing or made a deal offline this was last listing of this gun.

If I was $6-7k deep in one of these I would be saying same thing as some of the others but it would not be truthful...............Once either the SP89 or SP5K gets converted to a HK MP5K PDW 99.99999999999999 percent of people will not care especially if one is $4-5k cheaper..........Somebody prove one of these Sp89's has sold for over $6k in last few months Hell show me where one has sold for over $5k in last few months.................

·
Registered
532 Posts
An SP89 in the Pistols For Sale has sat at $4k for an entire month. Like ou guys, I really don't see them selling at even $4k, used, in good condition, when you can have a brand new SP5K for significantly less. Given that sear owners are in the minority of buyers for these guns, that big, ungainly pistol is more attractive at a lower cost.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Look at the prices today and compare with $5500-$6000 before the SP5K was announced. They have not held their value and will likely fall further.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
These guns work good when made right
They work well when built correctly.

Don't they learn you nuthin right in PA? :biggrin:

I took mine (SP5k with sear) shooting again over the weekend. The thing just runs flawlessly. I'm very impressed.

·
Registered
387 Posts
It already has dropped substantially:

H&K SP 89 9mm NO RESERVE : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

HK SP-89 : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com (No Bids) Had been listed too many times to count either got tired of listing or made a deal offline this was last listing of this gun.

If I was $6-7k deep in one of these I would be saying same thing as some of the others but it would not be truthful...............Once either the SP89 or SP5K gets converted to a HK MP5K PDW 99.99999999999999 percent of people will not care especially if one is $4-5k cheaper..........Somebody prove one of these Sp89's has sold for over $6k in last few months Hell show me where one has sold for over $5k in last few months.................
In California they sell for 5-6k all day long.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
In California they sell for 5-6k all day long.
And on the second day, God said, "Wake the fk up" and everybody did, and then nobody paid more than $4k for one ever again.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts