HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing through a large antique store today and found a SWAT guy statue marked 1988 Ron Petitt # 269003. I initially was on the fence about buying it, but for less than $13, why not? The statue is about 13" tall. I can imagine someone else here has one!

He's holding a fairly well detailed HK MP5-N with two mags clamped together, and carrying what appears to be a cocked and locked holstered 1911.

I plan on displaying it on the mantle and getting a thin blue line American flag patch to go next to it.

Here's some pictures:

Thank you to all the first responders out there!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Nice find!

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Very nice. Whoever sculpted that knew their guns!

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
That is a super cool find..

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Nice old school SWAT set up.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Very Cool! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
159 Posts
VERY cool! Sometimes you can still find interesting items in the antique malls.
The last flea market I went to I found a crap load of HK patches and pins, along with various other manufacturers(FN,Colt,Browning) as well.

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
I was browsing through a large antique store today and found a SWAT guy statue marked 1988 Ron Petitt # 269003. I initially was on the fence about buying it, but for less than $13, why not? The statue is about 13" tall. I can imagine someone else here has one!

He's holding a fairly well detailed HK MP5-N with two mags clamped together, and carrying what appears to be a cocked and locked holstered 1911.

I plan on displaying it on the mantle and getting a thin blue line American flag patch to go next to it.

Here's some pictures:

Thank you to all the first responders out there!
Excellent acquisition--- thanks for the detailed pics!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
VERY cool! Sometimes you can still find interesting items in the antique malls.
The last flea market I went to I found a crap load of HK patches and pins, along with various other manufacturers(FN,Colt,Browning) as well.
Most of that stuff is knock-offs made in China though.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gerald McRaney called, he wants his MP5 guy back to go with his m16 guy. :biggrin:

artistbio

I might email the artist and see who may have commissioned it.
Hahaha, the Ft Collins CO SWAT is in his list of people he has made statues for, so it's possible it is them. I'm also curious as to how many were made.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ron got back to me! He's a really nice guy.

He said the original sculpture is indeed from 1988, and he figures he sold between 80 to 100 of them. The Fort Collins SWAT sculptures would have had that lettering on their vests indicating so. He also said the green sling on the MP5 means it's one of his earlier ones as the later ones were black. He also used himself as the model since he worked as a SWAT officer at the time.

Cool history!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts