HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who was selling theses recently. I saw an ad for them somewhere and can not remember.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I "think" Williams Triggers is selling them.......but I can't see the need myself
Whats the trick to putting it back together?

·
Registered
200 Posts
hold onto the carrier and pull on the bolt, or push the whole bolt and carrier backwards in the receiver until it unlocks. Practice and you'll get used to it.
It takes a few times apart to remember how to do it.
My 1st H&K rifle was purchased in 1977 and I've done it a few time since then!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hold onto the carrier and pull on the bolt, or push the whole bolt and carrier backwards in the receiver until it unlocks. Practice and you'll get used to it.
It takes a few times apart to remember how to do it.
My 1st H&K rifle was purchased in 1977 and I've done it a few time since then!
I can take it apart its putting it back together.

·
Registered
200 Posts
hold it on the locking piece, turn it 90o clockwise and pull on it at the same time to unlock the rollers. Try that and let us know.

·
2,832 Posts
can also cheat and use a pair of soft(rag works) faced pliers/chanell locks to hold the locking thingy(sorry cant remember name) on the carrier down or can press it down with a wooden hammer handle, then put on the bolt head/locking piece.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I can take it apart its putting it back together.
It's not hard, you just have to know the right technique.
1. Push the locking piece and firing pin into the bolt head, and turn 180 degrees clockwise.
2. Put the bolt head onto the locking piece with the grooves in the bottom facing the left side of the carrier as it is installed in the rifle.
3. Turn the bolt head slightly so the carrier locking lever is aligned with the upper groove (since it's turned on its side) of the bolt head.
4. Push the bolt head back into the carrier, and push down on the back of the locking lever. It will ride up into the groove on the bolt head. (See pic below). You want it so it is just up on the rear of the carrier.
5. Push or pull the bolt head in or out so the locking lever is next to the ramped surface on the very rear of the bolt head. There is also a rim on the rear of the bolt head, it should be just inside the lip on the carrier.
6. Turn the bolt head clockwise until the grooves are facing down, then pull the head forward until it stops against the carrier.
7. Done.

Try it a few times, I can do it in 10 seconds, even with oily hands during cleaning. It just takes a bit of practice, and not brute force or any special tools.

Here's what step 3 should look like:

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
can also cheat and use a pair of soft(rag works) faced pliers/chanell locks to hold the locking thingy(sorry cant remember name) on the carrier down or can press it down with a wooden hammer handle, then put on the bolt head/locking piece.
+1 on LandPimps technique; new locking lever springs can be pretty stiff. Takes just a few seconds with the chanel locks.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I use AviatorDave's method. You really only need to move the locking lever a very small amount to let it clear the bolt and have the taper do the rest of the work for you as you turn the head into place. A firm handshake and guitar player callouses are the only tools I use. Oh yeah, don't push the head onto the LP any further than you have to. No sense having to unlock the rollers since you did everything else the easy way!

PS - Dave, step one should read bolt carrier, but we all knew what ya meant. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I use AviatorDave's method. You really only need to move the locking lever a very small amount to let it clear the bolt and have the taper do the rest of the work for you as you turn the head into place. A firm handshake and guitar player callouses are the only tools I use. Oh yeah, don't push the head onto the LP any further than you have to. No sense having to unlock the rollers since you did everything else the easy way!

PS - Dave, step one should read bolt carrier, but we all knew what ya meant. ;)
Oops. Yep, that's right, thanks for the correction. It was a little confusing the first time I took it apart as I was expecting it to be an exact copy of the MP5, only larger. But I knew that if it came apart that easily, it had to go together just as easily, and that groove in the bolt head was the key.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,831 Posts
Totally unnecessary hardware.

·
1,204 Posts
I agree.

I have owned a 91 for a long time, and I think the problem stumped me once...

Just take a partial turn on the bolt head, pull it out 1/8 inch and twist the rest of the way.

If it goes wrong, and the rollers stay locked out, just twist off the bolt and start over.

·
Registered
11 Posts
man, I'm still having trouble. I get the "twist" part about getting the one piece back into the carrier (that contains the firing pin), but after that its tough.

I am "twisting" the one piece 180 degrees to lock it down inside the carrier. Thats easy
Then I insert the bolt head part onto that... so that the grooves shown on pic #3 are now "vertical".

Then what? I have tried aligning things so they go into the upper receiver. Not working!

Do you try to align the nub sticking out with this groove? While applying pressure to the back part of the lever?

Once that is done, do you turn the head this way...

Or this way....

Sorry guys, I just cant get anything to work tonight..

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Do you try to align the nub sticking out with this groove? While applying pressure to the back part of the lever?

Yes, push the bolt head towards the carrier, and push down on the back of the lever. You don't have to fully depress the back of the lever, but the combination of pushing both at once will let the tip of the locking lever ride up into the groove that it is nearby in the pic below. Once you get the lever sitting in that groove, you can push it forward and back without too much force. You want to get it just up on the bolt head. See the pic I added that shows where the locking tab needs to be before you start turning it.

Here's the missing pic. Get the locking lever tip into the circled area, then you can turn it. One thing to note - the ramped surface - there is a lip on the bolt carrier that the ramped surface must be just inside when you start turning. If it turns a little bit and the hits a hard stop, you may need to push the bolt head in a tiny bit more. Just turn it back so the lever is in the groove, and push it in or pull it out until you can turn it all the way. Once you get it turned to the bolt head is again horizontal, you can not PULL the bolt head all the way out to the rollers will have clearance to go completely into the bolt head.

Once that is done, do you turn the head this way...

Or this way....

Yes, turn it this way. The lever will be at the base of a ramped surface that wraps around the bolt head. So now when you twist the carrier in the direction you noted, it will slide up that ramped surface. You're getting close, don't give up. :)

Sorry guys, I just cant get anything to work tonight..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts