HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are 91/7.62 and 93/5.53 rear sight drums the same? I cant say I see any difference to my eye....but I would think there would be.

If not.....how do you tell which is which?

·
Registered
242 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, aren't the trajectories of both calibers very similar at close ranges? Just seems that I remember this same question being asked about the flip-up sights used on AR15s and AR10s. The same Knight's or other's sights are used on both calibers of ARs, I think the trajectory is so close that the same sight works on both guns. I'm not sure this is right, but I think it is.
So that stands to reason that the sight drums on the HK 91 and 93 are the same. I have an HK93 and a PTR91 and I can't tell any difference by looking at them. Maybe someone else that knows for sure will chime in.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks, Landpimp, I've been meaning to ask that very question. I don't have an HK93 but I do have one of the 16" G3 clones. My question doesn't pertain to trajectories, but to the shorter sight radius of the 93/short G3 vs the 91/G3. When I look thru the aperature of the G3, I immediately center the front sight and the top ring of the triple frame. It seems fast and natural. When I view the front sight thru the aperature of my short G3, I can't see the front ring, only the post. Then I have to work at centering the top of the post. Seems like a slightly larger hole in the 93/short G3 rear sight would restore the normal G3 sight picture, the "ring within a ring".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts