HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you start seeing when you get failures in your 91 series magazines? Weak springs? Loose front metal tab? Feed lip wear and tear?

I've had only one problematic magazine and it came down to a bent spring, I'm curious what typical (though rare I imagine) magazine failures others have seen. I have purchased bundles of mags that have had the bases blown out from being dropped while loaded I imagine. But nothing yet from my usage though my go to mags are starting to show their age.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Never wore one out in almost 40 years of hogging thousands of rounds thru 91's. I don't pamper them, either.

I have noticed the steel mags beat up the mag well, alloy ones don't.

DG

·
Registered
34,513 Posts
Finish wear (particularly on aluminum magazines) at the insertion point is all that I have seen!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
88 Posts
Never wore one out in almost 40 years of hogging thousands of rounds thru 91's. I don't pamper them, either.

I have noticed the steel mags beat up the mag well, alloy ones don't.

DG
Good info. Didn't know that or ever thought about that too!! I guess I'll be using the alloy mags once I get my HK-91 refinished.

I'd would simply chuck any HK-91/G3 magazine if it was bad or questionable since they can be had for around $10 each.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts