HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, First Post and all - lurking for at least a year, and now ready to finally buy my first HK. G3k might be an odd first choice, but it's the one I've obsessed over the most, next to a MP5/10.

I've been thinking of picking this up:

Assault Weapons : 91K-VKE PARA STOCK RIFLE on sale!!

Any reason not to? I've seen some posts on here stating that the receiver rails might be rounded & need a few hundred rounds to be broken in - I'm fine with that. That being said, it looks like the screenshots on the website show a PTR receiver, which shouldn't have that problem?

I priced out converting a ptr-91 GI to G3k, and I came out to the same price, I'm just a little burned out on "buy parts, send to gunsmith, wait 6 months, get back gun"

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Hello, First Post and all - lurking for at least a year, and now ready to finally buy my first HK. G3k might be an odd first choice, but it's the one I've obsessed over the most, next to a MP5/10.

I've been thinking of picking this up:

Assault Weapons : 91K-VKE PARA STOCK RIFLE on sale!!

Any reason not to? I've seen some posts on here stating that the receiver rails might be rounded & need a few hundred rounds to be broken in - I'm fine with that.
They use a PTR receiver which has always been top quality. While PTR has had problems with chamber fluting, & US made bolts, they do make fine receivers. As to Vector, I do have one of their earlier V51P guns made on a JLD receiver. This gun has been perfect since day 1, & their new offerings should be fine. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine should be shipping out Monday from Ghille. It took him 3 weeks, cause he through in a week of vacation! LOL So a lot shorter than 6 months. Did a little trading, or I wouldn't of been able to get it, do to wife and lawyers taking all my $$. Can't wait to have it in my hands next week. He test fired her and said she's'a one holer. Think I'll name her Raylene, cause she's gonna be sexy. I'll post sum detailed pics once I get her put together.

I was stuck with a PTR that wouldn't shoot tar though, so I was in definite need for the upgrade. If I had one that would shoot the ammo I have I might have held off, but I couldn't be more stoked now.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Does anybody know who Kelly Enterprises is? My friend needed a part they sell, & he called the 305 area code #, & the guy was in the Florida Keys. What does this have to do with Vector? So where are these guns built? At Vector, or the Florida Keys? When Vector almost went belly up from one of their associates selling the US Gov't Chinese ammo for use in the sandbox war, the deal happened in Miami. Anyone know if there is a connection? GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The guys name is Chuck Malta and he is a member here. I have bought a couple things through him. His end always worked well. I had a minor couple things that Vector had to fix for me. They screwed up on the first try. But, made up for it and everything came out great. My 33 and 51 from them work. (period end of story) You pull the trigger and they go bang. They are not picky eaters either and I have ran some real crap through them.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I think it might have been. But, every once and a while you just have to kick the sleeping dog.:biggrin:

·
Banned
72 Posts
HI, yes that was me, had i real bad day, and then it got worse, please accept my appologies on the 34 thread. Anyway, we are KELLYENTERPRISES NET LLC AN FFL/CL3/SOT IN KEY WEST. We are one of the main distributors or Vector Arms weapons. As such , we do have some exclusives, We are able to supply you with some models never produced , or rarely produced by Vector. There are more than a few exclusives, and I do try and help with customer requests. The VKE-91K cost alot more to make , mainly because the PTR RECIEVERS AND RCM barrels cost so much, about $500 for those parts alone, not to mention the 4.5" $80 vortex brake. If you add up the upgraded parts, its a good deal. vector 51's are $1225 and these have alot more expensive parts included, and stocks and extras, those parts aren't free ,or cheap, but i do think its worth it , all day long, and you get a 5 yr warranty, not bad. we also make a VKE-93K, they cost a little less, as we use the Vector receivers for those. If you get a chance to look the VKE-91K usually comes in a package with many extras, including para and full stocks, 3 mags ,sling , vented handguards, and bayonet. Sometimes they are on sale, and sometimes they are not, but,in the end you get what you pay for. thanks, and please forgive my terrible typing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts