HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok looking for best wat to not exceed the 10 imported parts my imported parts are as follows and this does not include the magazine 1 trunion 2 bolt 3 bolt carrier 4 cocking handle 5 trigger 6 trigger housing 7 hammer 8 sear 9 buttstock 10 muzzle attatchment i am thinking usa made mags are mke plastic 30 rounders usa made or does anyone know who supplies us mags many thanks dan

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Pro Mag is the US mag manufacturer. My understanding is MKE is made in Turkey. Personally, I'd use US made cocking handle and fire control. I've run into the mag issues with the AK platform. I find it a PITA to remember that this gun can use any mag but I have to use US made mags in that one. Now, I have enough US made parts in each rifle that I don't have to worry about whether the mag is US made or not. The odds of getting charge with a 922(R) violation is very low, but I have quite a bit of money tied up in my firearms collection. I just don't want to have to worry about it. YMMV.

Scott

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
point well taken can you build your rifle with the pro mag and have other mags in your rifle bag or at the range ?im thinking if you have one you keep with the rifle you are bgood maybe not 100%good

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
I would avoid using mag/mag parts as compliance parts. Its too easy to forget if you have multiple guns that use the same mag.

The Firecontrol parts available from PTR are high quality and can get you quite a few parts at reasonable prices.

I'd probably go with a german bolt head, but a domestic carrier would be fine if you can source one.

Also the US made charging handle is a easy compliance part.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
point well taken can you build your rifle with the pro mag and have other mags in your rifle bag or at the range ?im thinking if you have one you keep with the rifle you are bgood maybe not 100%good
So you'd only be compliant with that one mag, but you have a bunch of foreign made mags in your range bag? So we are clear, 922(R) is a felony violation. The odds of getting charged is very low, but if you are charged, you'll spend more than a registered sear on a lawyer to keep you out of Federal prison. I will not risk a felony violation for a few dollars for US compliance parts. Your mileage may vary.

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
+1 to scott

It is so not worth the risk.

the reason i am trying the magazine route is it counts as 3 parts i am probably being stubborn tell me if thats the case
You are being stubborn

If you really really really must have a German 33k, then get a H&K 93 and work from that.

If you are willing to accept a non-german 33k then use the german parts where they really matter, and use US parts where they matter less.

·
Registered
10,275 Posts
The odds of getting charged is very low, but if you are charged, you'll spend more than a registered sear on a lawyer to keep you out of Federal prison.
Scott
You'll end up spending WAY more than that, and even if you end up somehow avoiding getting "married" to Bubba in the Big House, you're still facing a life with no firearms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.