HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone shed some light on this abused topic.

I read a post where Vector advised a V53 owner that the following parts are US made and installed on the 53's.
They are;
barrel
receiver
stock
trigger box
hand guard
cocking lever which we interpret as operating rod.

And if a barrel extension and stock are added, surely there should be plenty of parts to be in compliance?

Any comments...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Ive seen vectors will all different parts listed included the BCG which is Malaysian.

My V53 had
Receiver
Barrel
Stock
Pistol Grip
Forearm
Sear

Since the barrl extension was perm. attached to the barrel it counted as part of the barrel and since it was non threaded since it was 6 parts for 922r

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
As written on the back my V53ls manual from Vector:

1.Sear
2.Hammer
3.cocking handle
4.Barrel extension
5.Receiver
6.Handgaurd(on V53)
7.Barrel(on V93)
8.Stock

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The stocks they supply are Made on HK tooling in Malaysia. I knew mine was US because I bought it from BMP. Cocking handle I believe is Malay too. Trigger parts were not US either.

I dunno whos doing the manual but he needs to figure out what US parts are

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The stocks they supply are Made on HK tooling in Malaysia. I knew mine was US because I bought it from BMP. Cocking handle I believe is Malay too. Trigger parts were not US either.

I dunno whos doing the manual but he needs to figure out what US parts are
Hmmm. My Vector stock looks different from my Malaysian one. My Vector stock looks just like a BMP stock. The handgaurd is SW/BMP too.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
how can you tell the US parts frm German or malay parts? Are they all stamped?
Do you have the manual? I would go off of that. Vector is liable for what they install and the parts count. This is , if you bought it first hand from Vector or a distributor.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I feel ignorant on this topic. If the receiver is U.S. ,and the company who made it is U.S. Why does it have to be 922r.
Because it uses foreign made parts. The rifle is in "banned config" from import. The receiver just counts as 1 part. It has to have less than 10 foreign parts and its considered US made. Since the AWB ended the banned config is no longer existent for US made rifles. So a HK93/33/53 has to have 7 US made parts to qualify as US made so it can take Hicap magazines, pistol grip etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you SWolff for explaining that too me. I new with my Saiga I had to worry about that ,but I didnt think with my PTR i would. I guess I better start counting ,and stop switching stuff lol.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Because it uses foreign made parts. The rifle is in "banned config" from import. The receiver just counts as 1 part. It has to have less than 10 foreign parts and its considered US made. Since the AWB ended the banned config is no longer existent for US made rifles. So a HK93/33/53 has to have 7 US made parts to qualify as US made so it can take Hicap magazines, pistol grip etc.
I've been away from HK's and compliance issues for a while, but recently I picked up a Vector 51 pistol and want to SBR it. On the back of the manual it says there are 7 US parts ... So does that mean I can add an HK stock and use any mag and still be in compliance?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
According to the below BATF letter regarding 922r, assembly is the crime, not possession. BATF opinions do change though, so it's best to write them your own letter and get a response addressed to you.

It is still nice to know, especially if you want to swap out parts and of course if you do that you want to stay compliant!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Correct. It is a manufacturing offense. Possessing a weapon out of 922r compliance isn't your fault unless you screwed with it. Once you starting changing stocks, trigger packs, bolt groups, etc it falls back on you. I would suspect the ATF must realllllly have something on someone if they're tacking on 922r violations

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Correct. It is a manufacturing offense. Possessing a weapon out of 922r compliance isn't your fault unless you screwed with it. Once you starting changing stocks, trigger packs, bolt groups, etc it falls back on you. I would suspect the ATF must realllllly have something on someone if they're tacking on 922r violations
I have never heard of someone being convicted on only a 922r violation. I still play the parts game though. Never hurts to stay legal!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts