HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out what options I have for Hk & pistol caliber carbines & SBR's. I have found tons of odd conversions I had never heard of but what are the staple pistol carbines for Hk? What are the most common & reliable 9mm & 45acp Hk carbines? (I have no desire for .40s&w)

I think I want to stay away from an SBR unless it's under $3k because I would hate to invest so much money only to have to sell it in a couple years when I move back to a non-sbr state.

I've been planning on a USC/UMP conversion for a while but I recently shot one and the recoil pulse from the bolt was terrible.

If you don't want to go into details, please feel free to just type the name of the system and I'll do the leg work. I just don't know where to start.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
UMP is HK s only 45 subgun. As for HK 9mm subguns you have the mp5 platform or ump9.

HK doesn't seem to fix what isn't broken. Sorry for the lack of options.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
if you don't like .40, and want a pistol caliber carbine, and don't like the USC/UMP the only remaning choices are 9mm HK94 style.

If you want something a bit different, perhaps a 34 style... 16" barrel 94, with a 93 style hand guard.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wolvee, I was also interested in the USC/UMP conversion. I've never shot a UMP so I was very interested to hear that they don't shoot very well. Was that a selective fire UMP or a semi?

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
Wolvee, I was also interested in the USC/UMP conversion. I've never shot a UMP so I was very interested to hear that they don't shoot very well. Was that a selective fire UMP or a semi?
Keep in mind this is only 1 persons opinion and you know what they say about opinions..try shooting a USC or UMP who knows you might just love it..

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Keep in mind this is only 1 persons opinion and you know what they say about opinions..try shooting a USC or UMP who knows you might just love it..
Precisely. I shot a real UMP while at ghilliebears this year and immediately began work on my own UMP conversion. Yes it was full auto. Not as controllable as an MP5 and yes it's a bit of a batterer. But it's a .45. And with that short barrel, it's a quite handy subgun. Not to mention you can swap calibers. One bit of warning. Get out cheap(er). Don't shoot a real UMP. the stock block thing just wouldn't cut it for me at all.

·
Registered
617 Posts
my UMP conversion shoots like a dream, nowhere near as smooth as the .40 or 9mm mp5, but it has been 100% from day one, and its good and accurate.

I think the lighter weight is what adds to the 'jumpier' recoil impulse, but its still quite the piece.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I also love my UMP45 conversion and find the recoil to be quite tame.

To the OP; Have you shoot a 9mm mp5/hk94?

·
Registered
116 Posts
All Thank you. I'll look for an opportunity to shoot a UMP 45. I’m in Washington which is not particularly gun friendly (no SBR/SBS, Subguns) State. Its going to be a project just collecting the parts to do a USC/UMP conversion.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, definitely YMMV applies. Full auto felt great but in semi it just felt like I was being man-handled when I would try to fire it fast. It's not the recoil from the .45 so I have to imagine it's the bolt causing the odd feeling. I'll still eventually build one but I thought I'd ask if I had any other options.

The reason I'm looking to 9mm or .45 is those are the only two pistol calibers I shoot with regularity and I plan on taking an advanced carbine class with pistol/carbine and I'd like to use the same ammo.

I have never shot or held an MP5/HK94. This is probably asked a lot but Who are the most respected builders on the site and what is the price range of a quality 94?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
$2-3,000 for an MP5 depending on how much you end up paying for a parts kit. Chopstix, ghilliebear, jayson at IGF. There are a few more that are eluding me right now. Those are some of the major players.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I have never shot or held an MP5/HK94. This is probably asked a lot but Who are the most respected builders on the site and what is the price range of a quality 94?
ChopstickKid/Dakota Tactical, Ghillybear.

Figure about $2250-$3000 depending on options/configuration for the builder supplying all the parts/labor.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just out of curiosity, which is more reliable, the 94 or the UMP conversion?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
What recoil-bolt thing are you feeling? My UMP conversion shoots super-easy with very little recoil and not too much noise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts