HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I’ve got both and like the presenter. Carry and enjoy both. Not sure I could pick one over the other either. BTW. The presenter did a very nice job in the video. I like the “more experienced” presenters over these younger tacticle guys 😁. It was nice to see.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I’ve got both and like the presenter. Carry and enjoy both. Not sure I could pick one over the other either. BTW. The presenter did a very nice job in the video. I like the “more experienced” presenters over these younger tacticle guys 😁. It was nice to see.
He did an awesome job presenting the pistols. personally I like the USP more, but thats just based on looks. They are both remarkable pistols!
M.

·
Registered
234 Posts
So ironically just yesterday I was doing google searches for HK45C/USP45C comparisions, so this was very timely! I agree, I really liked the presenters style. One thing I didnt like though was his description of the LEM trigger- he described like so many others incorrectly do, making it sound like a heavy double action pull all the time.

I am torn on the store he works for however- Guns.com. A couple of months ago, they had a UZI i was interested in listed. As you know, just like our beloved HKs, with UZI’s it is very important/critical to be able to read all the markings on the gun, to make sure you know what you are buying/when made/who the manufacturer and/or importer was. The pictures did not show a clear image of the markings, and when I called their customer service to see if they could provide that detail, the customer service rep literally told me that right now with guns selling so quickly, it was not worth his time to go back and try to find the gun. He said he understood my need/want to know the markings, but with guns selling so hotly right now, it would just get sold soon to someone ‘not as particular’ regarding the specifics of when/who made it. All I asked was, can i see the left side where the manufactuers markings were. Literally was sitting their with my credit card ready to go, with a $2000 purchase, and it wasnt worth his time. Havent gone back to their website since . . .

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He did an awesome job presenting the pistols. personally I like the USP more, but thats just based on looks. They are both remarkable pistols!
M.
I always thought the HK45C looked amazing. But seeing them side by side I agree the USP looks better!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't mean to pooh-pooh igs or anyone who liked the video, but I've never seen anything on guns.com that wasn't at least $200 cheaper anywhere else on earth. Now I know what guns.com does with the extra 200 bucks.

Spew nonsense.

The DA trigger pull isn't "nasty."
The LEM isn't simply a DA trigger.
Both bobbed & standard hammers are available on both.
I don't have all day to go off on the SERPA holster (google search can do better than me ranting) or the number of times he aimed the weapons directly at his chest while demonstrating them.

The reason there are two separate but extremely similar guns in H&K's lineup was never even mentioned. He probably didn't even know. (Two different contract competitions -- JSP and USSOCOM -- two different guns for slightly different requirements, USP came first, both succeeded in the market so why not keep making them both, etc.) That would have made an interesting discussion. As it stands, that wasn't much of a "battle."

I fully admit all my biases against guns.com. At least this video helps reinforce them.

JPS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts