HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

Before we start, I have read every HK45/P30 post, range report, and pic thread about 20 times here.
They have all helped-but I guess not enough. What I'm asking for is just ridiculous....Can YOU please pick which one for me.
I'm sure that I am not the only one who went through this dilemma- Can you guys tell me why you chose one over the other for any reason at all. I have held both of them and even made a pro's and con's list (yes, I am a HUGE nerd) but I still can't even decide.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks a bunch guys!!

-Brandon

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I love both my P30 and HK45 but if I had to only choose one it would be the P30. The P30 fits my hand absolutely perfect and with the adjustable panels and back strap it can fit anyone's hand just as good. The HK45 fits me great but is still just a tad too big for my small hands. Another plus is that I like to shoot alot and 9mm is still reasonably cheap and good deals can still be found on ammo. The P30 is also smaller which would make it easier to carry if you CCW.

The P30 is the best 9mm on the market and you will not be dissapointed.

Now call Marshall at CDNN and order one!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a ton MarK. The 9mm price and CCW possibility are top on my list.
thanks
-Brandon

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A little of each column. I will be a cop in about 1 year but I am not buying the gun for any reason pertaining to that, because who knows what they will let me carry.(if they let me carry any Hk I will be ecstatic)
I train a lot because firearms are my hobby/passion so the gun will mainly be used for range time and the CCW possibility really intrigues me.
I am a HK nut and the main reason for the purchase is because I just REALLY want one.
Thanks a lot
-Brandon

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hk45. Why, just because it's great. 45 caliber and handles like a dream. Much slimmer than the USP45 and easier to carry off duty.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply. Bnsutton- Do you think the HK45 would conceal on a slim body? I am 6'2" and 180 lbs.
thanks for the help,
-Brandon

·
Registered
870 Posts
HK45! I like the 45 over the 9. Like someone on hear said "2 115 grain 9mms = 1 230 grain 45" lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well I do not own a P30 but do have several USP's and the new HK45. My vote would be for the HK45. Yes a 9mm is cheaper to shoot but the HK45 is just awesome. I guess the big question you have to ask yourself is how do you want to carry it? I do not like a double action pull for my first shot and I do like to carry it cocked and locked, condition 1. So for me the HK45 is the better design as well as the USP V1. I think the HK45 will be very easy to conceal. Its amazing how nice the slide is on the gun. I guess for me the HK45 is the design I like, it shoots really nice and if I have to use it for defense a good 45acp HP is better then the best 9mm HP out there. But why limit yourself to one, buy them both! Buy one and then save up and buy the other one.

David

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"But why limit yourself to one, buy them both! Buy one and then save up and buy the other one."

Oh how I wish I could!!

Thanks for the response.

The first 2 posts were pro P30, and I was like, "ok I think I made up my mind"

the last 2 posts have been pro HK45 and now I am back in the middle...

Haha...thanks for all of the help so far. I think the P30 is on top right now. 3 seconds from now....who knows.....

thanks guys

-Brandon

·
Registered
196 Posts
P30
Better carry between the two, but better for casual shooting (I am sure the department issued weapon will be good enough) possible competitive use (I am planning on using mine for IDPA SSP).

I know I am getting both and it is just a matter of time. #1 on my list right now is P7. (P7 -> P30 -> HK45c -> SA EMP -> etc)

Don't say that you can't afford both, but that you will buy P30 first and then will add HK45 later.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks solidgun, you're right. I really think I'm leaning more towards the P30 and then eventually getting the HK45.....A LOT farther down the road.
Thanks for the help,
-Brandon

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I'll jump in too

As many others have said, I also have both, and if in your position, I'd go P30.

You'll be in Law Enforcement soon it seems, and by the way congratulations and thank you for entering that line of work, but you'll have a department issued weapon, and the P 30 would make an excellent off duty / back up gun, especially with loads like SXT's, Cor-Bon, some premium defense load.

If I could only have one, I think it woul have to be P30.

HTH

Bob

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cadillac- you are killing me. Man, my crazy mind is glad there isnt another gun to throw in the mix(the 45c). Also, your signature just made my girlfriend and me laugh outloud.

Bobby D- you make a really good point about the P30 complimenting whatever dep. issue gun I receive.

Thanks guys,

-Brandon

·
Registered
558 Posts
HK45 then save for the HK45C (you'll have plenty of time). That way you can use the HK45 mags as reloads for the 45C.

BTW- Jack would use the HK45.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Odds are you will end up with both of them eventually. That said, I would go for the P30 first because it is easier to conceal (CCW), cheaper ammo, better fit to hand (side panels), higher capacity, and still gets the job done (JHP). Plus it is cheaper right now on CDNN. Wait a bit for the HK45 prices to drop a bit and then treat yourself.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is a tough choice. If you can only buy one, don't buy one until you handle both pistols...and if you can shoot both of them, even better.

P30 pros:
1. 9mm, cheaper ammo means more training than with 45
2. Mag capacity
3. Grip configurations

HK 45 pros:
1. 45 is cool
2. Safety

It is a difficult choice, thus I am now saving for a HK 45. I think the P30 will be at the range more because of the ammo price difference. Again, I think you should handle both pistols before you buy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
P7M8- I can't wait long enough for the HK45c. I'm too impatient. And I am ALMOST nerdy enough to get it because Jack Bauer would use it....he's so cool

born2defy- Good point waiting on the HK45 prices to fall. Thats what is also making me lean towards the P30- the price.

KPSquared- I have handled both and thought they both fit me better than any gun before, but the P30 fit me EVEN better than the HK45. I share the same pro's and con's list.

I think I am leaning more and more towards the P30 right now. The price difference is big for me since I cannot really decide which one I want anyway.

Thanks Guys.

-Brandon

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have advice, except to say good luck. As much as i want some of these new guns, i have made up my mind I am sticking with until I can get the others down the road.

As far as LE is concerned, I will be applying with my local pd next fall, unfrtuneatly they don't issue HK's, only glock (unless you are SWAT, then you can get the HK artillery).

Anyway to see what your state/city issues...follow the link:

http://worldinventory.googlepages.com/

1 - 20 of 24 Posts