HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Kydex stuff is addictive. Here's a couple I made the other day for my P30.

IDPA / carry:

And another for 3-gun. I cannibalized a rotating hood assembly from an old Safariland Raptor holster to use for this holster, and it worked pretty well.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Good stuff bro! How's the release of the IDPA one? Also, if you have any pics of the holster you're shooting in production I'd be interested in seeing it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nicely done and very clean lines. I like the treatment you did on the magazine release area. What did you add to the grips on the side?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just skateboard tape. It works well, but with all of the curves and contours of the P30 grip, it doesn't adhere as well as it would on say a GLOCK. One application will stick for about a months worth of practice and matches, and then I have to put on a fresh piece.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I make my own leather holsters and the next ones will be for three Russian Scofields out of a piece of black full bullhide I have left over from making a Scottish targe shield. I will probably buy the money belt for them tho

·
Registered
387 Posts
Like the smooth cast & sculpting lines on this one, as well as the hardware. What are you charging for one of these?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
^^^^ Yes, I like that as well. Nicely done!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like the smooth cast & sculpting lines on this one, as well as the hardware. What are you charging for one of these?
Oh, I don't know. I'm not really a professional 'holster maker.' I guess $45 for one of the leather / kydex holsters would cover my costs. But I doubt I have whatever gun ya'all have, and I would need that to make the mold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts