HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are (2) Hk P7 M8's and (2) M13's that I just finished at work, they turned out great! I need to get into the habit of taking before and after photos to show how far they come from when they arrive to when they are shipped back to the customer. Two of the guns from this group were in horrible condition, and one was barely functioning. Here is what was done:

Superblack (Melonite) on slides, frames, some small parts
Full armorer's inspection
Full action smoothing and tuning
OT stop
E-Nickel Teflon on all internal components
Two received custom fit Novak rears and are waiting on custom front tritium sights from Trijicon, one received standard Trijicon N/S, and one was left with factory sights.

In a world of inferior handguns, the P7 is the king. :biggrin:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, we decided to go with the less time consuming and expensive route of front night sights on two of the P7's from the photos above. To compliment the custom fit Novak rears on these two guns, we went with a plain front and serrated the blade. Turned out awesome!

(Leave it to the macro setting on the camera to point out that the shop needs dusting...)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am the owner of the two Novaked (is that a word?) P7s. Lazy Wolf G, I am absolutely blown away. Can't wait to ring them out (they will be shooters). I see a couple more heading your way.

I've carried a P7M13 as a duty gun for 11 years. I think these mods will square away what few small flaws this good platform has.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can we get a little more information on the Super Black Melonite Process?

The work looks fantastic. I would love to get more information on the Super Black Melonite finish. Most of the Melonited P7’s that I have seen seem to have a dry matte finished dark grey appearance, but these appear to have a finish much closer to black. Is anything applied over the Melonite to create that look? I was also curious if you needed to remove the barrel as a part of this process? It looks like it was not treated to the Melonite bath and most of the Melonited P7’s that I have seen seem to have the barrel Melonited as well. I look forward to as much information as you can provide.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The work looks fantastic. I would love to get more information on the Super Black Melonite finish. Most of the Melonited P7’s that I have seen seem to have a dry matte finished dark grey appearance, but these appear to have a finish much closer to black. Is anything applied over the Melonite to create that look? I was also curious if you needed to remove the barrel as a part of this process? It looks like it was not treated to the Melonite bath and most of the Melonited P7’s that I have seen seem to have the barrel Melonited as well. I look forward to as much information as you can provide.
Thanks for the great questions! The vendor we use for our Super Black does a fantastic job, and they come back from them looking just like the name implies: super black. I have yet to see a professional melonite finish look dry matte grey, so I cannot speak to that concern. We do remove the barrel before the melonite, and do not believe refinishing the barrel is necessary or provides any benefit. Thanks again!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am the owner of the two Novaked (is that a word?) P7s. Lazy Wolf G, I am absolutely blown away. Can't wait to ring them out (they will be shooters). I see a couple more heading your way.

I've carried a P7M13 as a duty gun for 11 years. I think these mods will square away what few small flaws this good platform has.
Thanks Chuck, we are very happy with the results as well. They are ready to ship tomorrow and you should have them by Friday!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.