HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the range and fired 240 rounds (12 mags) and my shoulder is bruised... I have the magpul PRS2 stock but it seems like the butt pad isn't very soft... are there any options other than the extended butt pad? I dont need it to be longer... just more comfortable .... any ideas?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Sorry can't help you on the pad but a properly shouldered rifle in .308 shouldn't be bruising you. Get sloppy and loose and there you go.

A stop gap is to wear thicker clothing or to fold a small towel up and place it over your shoulder. Either underneath or on top of your shirt.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you ever get the Bill Springfield buffer? I see you posted in that thread back in March, 2016.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone...buffer-dmr-heavy-buffer-hk91.html#post1776150

Edit to Add: Magpul does not make a different stock pad for the PRS so you'd have to make something...
yea i have the heavy buffer but cant use it on the PRS2 stock without heavy mods... so im using the regular buffer now... it wasn't bruising me it just leaves red marks with the friction... I shot 240 rounds that session and I guess it was a bit over kill...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
yea i have the heavy buffer but cant use it on the PRS2 stock without heavy mods... so im using the regular buffer now... it wasn't bruising me it just leaves red marks with the friction... I shot 240 rounds that session and I guess it was a bit over kill...
You have the HK Heavy Buffer, and not the Bill Springfield buffer then. The Bill Springfield buffer replaces the internals of the factory HK buffer, that is a direct swap for the Magpul buffer so it is a non-mod swap. I've considered modding a Kick-Eez shotgun recoil pad that has the same hole spacing as the PRS2 stock but I just don't shoot my PTR91 enough to justify the effort.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had (have) a Pachmayr recoil pad (F325-M-ST-BL) that I put on my PRS stock. Aligned the bottom holes and opened up the backing plate on the pad with a drill bit by hand (go slow). Note the bit was not in the drill but in a drill chuck that I used for a handle. Also, I opened up the hole for the hex screw from the PRS stock. Locating the second hole (top) was the hardest part and probably the most critical since I did not want to have a loose fit. You can use the take off butt rubber for a pattern. Repeat the process as per the bottom hole. Check your work as you proceed. For the hex screw locations, I pushed a nail thru from the back of the pad and opened up the 'screw path' with a large shanked Philips screw driver. No need to cut the pad for the washers if you don't drill out the backing, just use the hex screws. Loctite for screws is optional.

I like the wider shotgun pad, it does add some length. I've had the pad so long I can't remember the cost if there was one but quite often they can be found as 'old' new stock cheap. Gun shows, older LGS with old stock are good places to check. My cost was pretty much nil since I had everything I needed. As for looks, it may not be as streamlined as the more expensive one but it works very well.

NOTE: The PRS butt pad was only about an 1/8 inch thick covering the metal extension. The other option is to purchase the thicker Magpul butt pad. Still not as wide as the shotgun pad!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts