HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, brothers in arms. My name is Matias (Mathias) and I am a sports shooter from the Canary Islands, Spain, and a happy owner of a USP 9mm full size.

I want to apologize for my bad English. Thank you very much for accepting me and I hope to learn from yours.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
HI, brothers in arms. My name is Matias (Mathias) and I am a sports shooter from the Canary Islands, Spain, and a happy owner of a USP 9mm full size.

I want to apologize for my bad English. Thank you very much for accepting me and I hope to learn from yours.
Welcome aboard from the communist state of New York. Got a great group here with more knowledge than the entire Encyclopedia Britannica. Enjoy!

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Welcome!

Hope the weather is nice there right now? Would love to visit for holiday sometime. When I lived Madrid I never had the time to pop over for a weekend visit.

Do you have completions in the islands or do you need to travel to compete?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard from the communist state of New York. Got a great group here with more knowledge than the entire Encyclopedia Britannica. Enjoy!

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!
Thx TheJerkman, I have been reading this forum for a long time and I have learned many things.

I am in the process of installing the Match Trigger Kit and adjustable LPA sights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Welcome!

Hope the weather is nice there right now? Would love to visit for holiday sometime. When I lived Madrid I never had the time to pop over for a weekend visit.

Do you have completions in the islands or do you need to travel to compete?
Thank to God we have many competitions on the islands but not national category.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Welcome to the site. You can not go wrong with any HK USP. It is my favorite series of HK handguns. Rock solid. What island in the Canaries are you on? When I was in college, I lived in Salamanca, Spain for 6 months. For Christmas and New Years, I went to Tenerife for two weeks. Best vacation ever. You Spaniards do know how to party!!! Best New Year celebration I ever went through. Glad I survived. Congrats on your great handgun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the site. You can not go wrong with any HK USP. It is my favorite series of HK handguns. Rock solid. What island in the Canaries are you on? When I was in college, I lived in Salamanca, Spain for 6 months. For Christmas and New Years, I went to Tenerife for two weeks. Best vacation ever. You Spaniards do know how to party!!! Best New Year celebration I ever went through. Glad I survived. Congrats on your great handgun.
I live in Gran Canaria but I lived for a time in Salamanca. I love al H&K products.

Hola hermano. mucho gusto! El USP es una pistola mas fina. ¿Tienes fotografias?
Right now I only have this one that I made with a camera of poor quality

19984870_1490082594417664_1438491200058294272_n.jpg

Matias,

Welcome to the site--- your English is fine!!! :biggrin:

Tony
I use a translator :rolleyes:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey! What is the process for getting a gun in Spain?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Welcome from New Jersey! What is the process for getting a gun in Spain?
In Spain we have a VERY strict weapon regulation that only allows us to use weapons for hunting or for sport (IPSC, precision ...) and only in the places destined for that purpose.

Carrying weapons is prohibited and very punishable by law.

For civil use there are three types of license and for example for sports license you have to pay an annual federation license, attend shooting lessons with an instructor for six months and do a written exam and another precision exam in which you have to get a minimum score to approve, logically also a physical and psychological review. All this paying and not cheap precisely.

We can not keep weapons at home unless we have a special safe box and have the approval of the police, if you do not have this box you have to keep the gun in your shooting club.

Every three years you have to take your weapons to the police to have an inspection and see that you have not modified them.

God bless America.

I have learned more in an hour reading this forum for a year in my listening shooting club shooters. Thx

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
In Spain we have a VERY strict weapon regulation that only allows us to use weapons for hunting or for sport (IPSC, precision ...) and only in the places destined for that purpose.

Carrying weapons is prohibited and very punishable by law.

For civil use there are three types of license and for example for sports license you have to pay an annual federation license, attend shooting lessons with an instructor for six months and do a written exam and another precision exam in which you have to get a minimum score to approve, logically also a physical and psychological review. All this paying and not cheap precisely.

We can not keep weapons at home unless we have a special safe box and have the approval of the police, if you do not have this box you have to keep the gun in your shooting club.

Every three years you have to take your weapons to the police to have an inspection and see that you have not modified them.

God bless America.

I have learned more in an hour reading this forum for a year in my listening shooting club shooters. Thx

very interesting...thank you for sharing this info and welcome to this great forum:)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Welcome from an HK fan in France. Glad to have you on the site.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to all

·
Registered
979 Posts

Bienvenido Matias. De que parte de las islas afortunadas vives? Yo vivi en Las Palmas en mi infancia. Saludos del otro lado del charco.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bienvenido Matias. De que parte de las islas afortunadas vives? Yo vivi en Las Palmas en mi infancia. Saludos del otro lado del charco.
Exactamente de Las Palmas, thx Superstar, briHKat & venomsfp9.

Today is a great day for me as a fan of H&K, look what gifts my girlfriend has given me.

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-25 at 08.40.31.jpeg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts