HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A small threaded pin fell out of the maxwell of my Vector MP5/40. In the provided pic you can see it sitting on the lower. I know the 9mm platform and the pin does not look familiar. That led me to believe it is a part of the bold hold open. It appears to thread into the empty hole in the forward part of the assembly. I wasn't about to force anything until I knew for sure where it goes.

Secondly, how exactly does the BHO work? Mine does hold open when the mag is inserted but the bolt goes home when the mag is removed. The weapon behaved like this before the pin fell out.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,582 Posts
It's the bolt catch screw. Can you screw it back on? If so, just add some threadlocker to it.

Once the mag holds the bolt open, than it should stay open when the mag is taken out.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Screw it in from the inside? It appears to stick out into the inside of the receiver if i install it that way.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,582 Posts
From the outside and screw it in enough to engage the bolt. It will stick out a little. That's normal.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And there we have it! Everything works properly and the bolt stays open after the mag is removed. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts