HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few pocket pistols and am now looking for one in 9mm. I love my vp9 and am wondering if HK has any plans to compete with the Glocks,Rugers,kahrs ,Sig and so on it the pocket line? My pocket 38 is great but would like a semi auto option. The sig 938 is a great size and weight but not keen on a cocked hammer in pocket. LINT problem I think.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
None that I am aware of in the works. If you can find an HK4 in 9mm it will be about the size of a Walther PPK. The P9 and P7 are slightly larger in 9mm. I actually wear a P7 as my main carry weapon and sometimes I forget its there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am hoping this is one of the announcements at SHOT........ either 380 or 9mm. Less than a month til we know.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Pocket size, as in single stack would really surprise me. I'd settle for a VP9 compact the size of a Glock 19, and/or a VP9sk.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I would love to see what HK would come up with in a pocket sized pistol, but I don't expect they will. I'm waiting on Walther to get the PPKs going again.

·
Priest of the P7
5,038 Posts
Oh man, this has been discussed a thousand times at least. The consensus seems to be that it's very unlikely since HK is military driven. I'd love one, too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I remember, Glock was also a military and law enforcement driven firearm company. They came out with single stack, pocket 380 and 9mm. Never say never and let's keep hope. I believe those 2 new models are big revenue makers

·
Registered
321 Posts
I wouldn't completely write off the possibility of HK bringing out a small CCW. With their strong focus on the US market these days bringing out the VP, P30sk and SP5K, I believe there is a possibility they would do it. With the small pocket pistol market here as popular as it is and the profit to be had, it would make sense especially if they designed something in between the G43 and G42 size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts