HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In discussing major 2000SK (357Sig) accuracy issues with Ken Lunde, he suggested that I try the large strap before giving up on the pistol. Problem was, my (nib) SK arrived with only the medium BS, an oversight confirmed by HK. Well, following a two month search for a large BS, I finally located one (thanks, Ryan6659 & MattB), installed it and just got back from a range session with my now deadly-accurate and favorite 357Sig! I never would have guessed that a back strap could of made such a difference, but it did!

Oh, and I'd be remiss if I failed to mention my range ammo ... if you shoot the 357Sig, you owe it to yourself to try Underwood's 125gr (Speer) total metal jacket round. Priced right ($17 per 50), this stuff is dead-on accurate and quite hot, to boot (listed @ 1450 fps)!

Underwood Ammo link

·
Registered
285 Posts
If it was an over sight why didn't HK send you one? I will have to give a larger back strap a try. I am off with my SK 357 but mt HK45 is dead on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If it was an over sight why didn't HK send you one?
Those large SK back straps have been backordered seemingly forever. When I spoke with HK about my missing BS (& lock-out key), they asked for the pistol's serial number, mentioning that there were a small number of (other) SKs that had left the factory missing the large back strap.

About the HK45, I couldn't agree more!

·
Registered
589 Posts
The large BS on the SK feels to me like a golf ball pressing into my palm - very uncomfortable after not many rds. So I went back to the med strap.

On the P30L, however, I use the large BS, w/ fat right panel and med left panel: prefect fit and good trigger finger placement.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...On the P30L, however, I use the large BS, w/ fat right panel and med left panel: prefect fit and good trigger finger placement.
That's an interesting BS/panel combo on your P30L. Had I been unable to resolve my accuracy issues with the SK, I would have replaced it with a P30. Ironically, I do just fine with the medium BS when it comes to my 2000(357Sig) & 45C.

·
Registered
589 Posts
My SK 9mm w/ med BS is a hoot to shoot, and women whom my wife and I have introduced to shooting like it, too. The large BS on the P30L makes contact w/ much more of the palm than does the large BS on the SK. On the SK, the bulge is much shorter and feels more abrupt than on the longer grip. The med works very nicely for me on the SK. Too, the large BS on the P30L makes it a bit much for some women to enjoy as much as the SK, and I am not inclined to change the BS out for different shooters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts