HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a (light) TRS laying around from a USP that I converted to LEM (heavy). I eventually sold the USP and moved on to other toys. Well not long ago, I was back on to HKs. I have a USPc 45 and a P2000(v2) and a P2000SK(v2). I converted the USPc to LEM with the heavy spring.

Later, I thought I would convert the USPc and the P2000 to light LEM since I had 2 springs and I ordered another for the SK. After conversion, the P2000 was amazing. The USPc was really sluggish with a weak return.

I took the TRS out of the USPc and put it into the SK. Again, GREAT! I really like it. (Already changed the FPB spring in the Pseries.)

The TRS I ordered came in today (thanks HKParts, fast shipping). I noticed the legs on the spring were not spread out as far as the other two springs. I don't know if I can explain it with out pictures (I'm NOT taking them out just for a pic!) but the older ones had the legs at a little over 90 degrees. The new one was just under 90 degrees. It was very hard to get in the USPc. However, once it was in, the trigger lost it's sluggishness and had smooth return. It feels just as good as the others now.

Just the difference between older springs and newer ones? Or did I just get lucky and get one that was slightly different?

·
Registered
71 Posts
What is the PN from HKParts.net?

Spring legs a little over 90 degrees sound like the standard (heavy) LEM spring, but it should also be a very noticeable thicker square stock.

Spring legs less than 90 degrees and assuming the thinner and round stock sounds like light LEM.

I suppose thinner stock spring greater than 90 degrees could be a worn out? light LEM spring.

A couple of references to help you tell us which one:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/132478-another-hk45-lem-thread-but-different-pics.html #8
Light trigger spring, HK light trigger return spring - HKPARTS.NET
HK P2000 Trigger Spring 8.5 lbs - HKPARTS.NET

Pete

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first two I mentioned were the original TRS I pulled from USPs to put in the "heavy" springs. The third one, the one with the legs closer together, I got from HKParts #209266. They are all the "round" spring. I know the difference between the light and heavy springs. I don't think the original two are worn out. They don't have more than a couple hunded rounds each.

It's no big deal, I just thought it was interesting that the one that did NOT come out of a USP fixed the sluggish return.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Some compacts have had issues with trigger return on a stock v1 setup if let off really slowly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts