HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have wanted a USC for a while now and I don't have the coin to drop on one and the wife saw me looking on Gunbroker. where i found a dealer that does a 9 month layaway .She says for our anniversary she will put up the first 10% payment and help make payments on it .WOW :300000000:

so what do you guys thing should i go for it Before the election?
I am thinking the panic buying and price gouging will be here soon enough .and for you lucky bastards that have a USC/UMP what do think of it is it worth the Price ?
Thanks for any input

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I don't think USC's are likely to be the subject of the gouging / scarcity. It will be the ar-15's/ak-47's. USC's are already a bit scarce, they aren't great sellers, and are carried by only a limited number of dealers.

I have a USC/UMP clone, and am somewhat luke warm on it. It shoots fine, but it is not one of the guns I get gooshie about pulling out of the safe and going shooting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I personally don't think that the election results will in anyway change the current gun laws by much, but maybe i'm being too hopeful. And like jdonovan mentioned, it will be the AKs and ARs that will be most affected if anything. That's just judging from history.

I would definitely buy one, though. They are fairly cheap to shoot, easy to maintain, easy to aim and fire, the list goes on. In short, they are fun. Just be realistic with yourself and do not expect what you would get out of a MR556 or MR762.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys I am already set on a Colt 6921 M4 Like I carried in the Military .it is not a HK but it will do, I just sold My AK to my father in law it was about my 16th AK loved them but got bored with them.

I was wanting to get one of the MKE clones but the Layaway Plan on a true HK seems more pleasing to me .

I Know it is a CQB weapon and it is a pistol caliber, I would love to covert it Myself.

love to tinker on weapons Have any of you tried the Grease gun mag conversion? Cheaper mags are a pus and parts count for 922 but really haven't heard anyone talk about them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Love my USC and love the Grease gun conversion. I don't need the "official" UMP look, especially at the price it takes, and I like 30rounds instead of 25rounds better anyways. The gun is super reliable and super fun to shoot and remarkably quiet compared to most other guns. Prices for USC's are still high in my opinion, but we are talking H&K so everything is high, and they won't be making anymore of these guns so I hear.

If you haven't already, check out the series of videos of various aspects of the USC here: Atac

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for the Link GrandmasterB great Info .I am looking the same route with the Grease gun conversion, cheaper and 30 rds and pretty much covers the 922 parts.
the pure UMP look is nice but the US makers are charging top dollar to make it look UMP .
I am glad to hear the Conversion is GTG it looks good to me and functions. then it is all good to me as long as it puts rounds downrange and is reliable

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought the USC from a member here and it shoots amazingly well. I HATE the grip on the USC though- like trying to hold a Heiniken keg can while pulling the trigger. It crazy uncomfortable. Immediately converted it to a UMP and love it. Maybe $2200 into it altogether.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Honestly? Compared to what's out there? No, I don't think that the USC is worth it, especially since its shooting ergos and styling are awful until you convert it to a UMP. I love mine but I'm not sure if I would have done it if I had to make the decision all over again especially when I factor in the $2500+ (not including the soon-to-be $200 tax stamp) that I've spent on it. I probably would have gotten a KRISS Vector SBR, instead, and called it a day.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I don't think USC's are likely to be the subject of the gouging / scarcity. It will be the ar-15's/ak-47's. USC's are already a bit scarce, they aren't great sellers, and are carried by only a limited number of dealers.

I have a USC/UMP clone, and am somewhat luke warm on it. It shoots fine, but it is not one of the guns I get gooshie about pulling out of the safe and going shooting.
I am a hell of a lot more gooshie about mine than my G36.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've had a grey USC for years. Love it.
I like the ergos & the grip - I have large hands.

I just finished a UMP build.
I like it even more.
One of my favorites.

I've never had a jam.
Saw a USC at a range & guy told me it had 14K rnds through it, never cleaned & never jammed.
Between the the USC & the SL8, the AR's don't get out much...

·
Registered
731 Posts
Honestly? Compared to what's out there? No, I don't think that the USC is worth it, especially since its shooting ergos and styling are awful until you convert it to a UMP. I love mine but I'm not sure if I would have done it if I had to make the decision all over again especially when I factor in the $2500+ (not including the soon-to-be $200 tax stamp) that I've spent on it. I probably would have gotten a KRISS Vector SBR, instead, and called it a day.
The conversion is definitely not for the faint of wallet, but in the end it is a great looking gun that is fun to shoot. The kriss vector just looks bulky and weird, imo.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree the conversion will be costly and probably done over some time .I got to hold one of the gray ones when they first came out and thought 700 was to high.

geez I wish I bought it then ,But the USC has always been in the back of my mind and i am looking to get a carbine the same as my carry gun USP compact 45 .I have looked into the AR style but that can be hit or miss and end up costing just as much when all said and done . Plus it is a HK , But I would love to see what HDPS is going to charge on their UMP style receivers

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I really like the USC. Its super accurate and reliable. Many people dont like it because it is just as big as a rifle- so why not just have a rifle? I had one of the early grease gun conversions and it never failed. I was running modified cobray 40 round mags in it. Cant do that with a german lower. That being said I have a stock USC in the safe waiting to be SBR'ed. I also snagged a .40S&w bolt,barrel, and some extra mags - can't really switch calibers easy with the grease gun lower. I prefer the mp5 platform for 9mm, but hk pro member GEBEPRS of SEF Tactical made a really sweet 9mm conversion kit for the USC/UMP. I especially liked the threaded flanged 9mm barrels he was offering.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I love my UMP conversion but even if I could only have it as a USC, I would.

It is my second favorite firearm after only my Tactical that I bought myself the day after my 21st birthday. My G36k conversion is just kind of "meh" in comparison.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do really like the Kits around to swap calibers I thought of the Grease gun conversion too But notice they are always out of stock will the 9MM Mags fit the German USC Lowers or do you have to replace it also ???Gunschlinger Can you post a pic of the Cobray Mags never heard of anyone using those Thanks to all who have replied the input helps a lot and helps me figure out what I can look forward to

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
JB13- yes the 9mm UMP msgs will fit in the german UMP lower.
Here is a pic of the 40 round cobray mag. You can see the small modifacation cut that was made close to the top of it. The other mags are 30 round grease gun mags.

Another thing that this piece had going for it was a reprofiled barrel. Even though it was a 16 in gun it felt more like the SBR with the lightened barrel.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts