HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an AAC Evolution can in .45 that I shoot on my Tactical. Great suppressor with an interchangable Nielsen device which allows you to shoot the same can on a Mark 23 by changing out the coupling. Very cool. AAC just recently made an adaptor to allow the Evo to be shot on a H&K 3 lug barrel.

Here's my question - would anyone be interested in a coupling that would allow an Evo to be shot on the QD barrel on UMP/USC conversions? AAC might make one if there is enough interest.

I think it is very cool that you can shoot one can on multiple guns by a simple parts swap. It saves having to buy multiple cans. Any interest? Any takers? Any contrary thoughts?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Here's my question - would anyone be interested in a coupling that would allow an Evo to be shot on the QD barrel on UMP/USC conversions? AAC might make one if there is enough interest.
In the research that I have done in using the same silencer on both a pistol and USC/UMP it isn't that straight forward. PM "Long Duck" who has successfully done this and get his input first.
Remeber the USC has a fixed barrel whereas the H&K Tact/Mark 23 has a loose barrel.

The other part is, the pistol silencers in 45 cal are almost always wet suppressors. If you purchase a UMP silencer it can be used dry. I think a dry suppressor is advantages especially when shooting large round capacity guns as the gel wears away after about 25-30 rounds. Also IMHO wet suppressors are messy.

·
Registered
340 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts