HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm still undecided about a new H&K for my upcoming 60th birthday and retirement . Last weekend I looked at a USP 45 Tactical .
Gotta say it is one bad ass looking pistol . Now how is their accuracy ? As good as a quality 1911 ?
For now I have no interest in suppressing it . I just love the adjustable sights and it will be used at an outdoor range where we shoot handguns all the way out to 100 plus yards . Also as a home defense gun .
So if you have one please tell me your likes and dislikes .
Thanks in advance .
Forgot to say I want the model with the night sights . Worth the extra money ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello Nick -
Yes, I own a USP 45 tactical. This is my favorite gun. When I take it to the range, it
is the most accurate of them all. I thought the 92FS was sweet, but the .45 tactical
gets me excited !

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
So I'm still undecided about a new H&K for my upcoming 60th birthday and retirement . Last weekend I looked at a USP 45 Tactical .
Gotta say it is one bad ass looking pistol . Now how is their accuracy ? As good as a quality 1911 ?
For now I have no interest in suppressing it . I just love the adjustable sights and it will be used at an outdoor range where we shoot handguns all the way out to 100 plus yards . Also as a home defense gun .
Thanks in advance .
I've got a USP Tactical 45.
Love the gun.
But the factory black on black adjustable sights leave something to be desired.
Upgraded to Meprolight Adjustables and am very happy.
With the USPT45 LE version you get three mags and the adjustable Mep NS.
That's usually a real bargain.
With the factory Match trigger it's a real bullseye puncher.
IMHO a classic and one of Hk's best.

Get one and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I have one, it is extremely accurate. It and my MK23 are my two most favorite 45s. To me it is the best "all around" of the HK 45 calibers (I am a USP fan so I am biased against HK45). My favorite is the MK23 but the USP 45 Tactical is everything the MK23 wanted to be

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Come to think of it, I can't remember ever reading about someone who didn't like the USP 45 Tactical... It's one of my favorites for sure.

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
I have a couple of USPt 45's and I am not too fond of them. Thinking about getting rid of both of them this week.

I lied. :biggrin:

OP: Buy it and don't think about it.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I have a couple of USPt 45's and I am not too fond of them. Thinking about getting rid of both of them this week.

I lied. :biggrin:

Ha! You had me going. I thought I was going to have to eat my words.....lol

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
3,705 Posts
Usp, greatest line around. Add the tactical features and you've got IMO the end all to handguns.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why is it that on some pics that I've seen of Tacticals without a can mounted the rear sight is cranked way up high ? Kind of goofy looking .
Does it need to be adjusted way up just to hit POA at 10-15 yards ?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Thanks in advance .
Compared to my 1911s, both Colt 5Inch,they are both on the money to 50 feet. While nothing can replace the all metal single stsck clsssic, the USPTac line is far superior in the real world. Im not bashing 1911s as I've always been a fan, and even ccd s Colt combat commander when I was young. The accuracy along with the amount of ammo on hand just makes it win when I am carrying a fs gun. Either way, you won't regret buying one.

I lied.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The USP 45 T is a nail driver! Spend the extra cash and get the Mep night sights

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Own USP 45T LE model. I like it quite a bit. More accurate than I am.
Looks, feel, movement, quality, use, feel in hand, it is an amazing piece of art.

I have medium-large hands, it is a wee bit thicker than I am used to, but I'm getting much better at the range, 2 handed and strong & off hand shooting

I bought mine blind, I am happy I did, better than anticipated.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Op I have usp tac 45 they're great pistols and very accurate .
Get it if you can its a great gift for yourself . Mags for the usp 45 are on sale as well

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
You won't be disappointed. It was my very first gun, still my absolute favorite. It's nothing that I dislike about it, love at first sight, literally.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts