HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be picking up a new to me V1 USPf 9mm with 2 10 round mags next weekend!

I've already put about 200 rounds through the pistol and know I'm going to love it. Any recommendations on which Personal Defense rounds do not play well with the USP? I've been leaning towards Cor-Bon Pow-R-Ball ammo.

The second question is, do any of you have any recommendations for a holster for carrying a full sized USP concealed? I'm looking for an IWB holster and want to make sure I don't waste my time with products that aren't going to do the trick.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I prefer the heavier FMJ bullets, more crushing damage from a bigger slower bullets. I'd do some research on wound ballistics, there's doctors/scientists on both sides of the arguement, bu I've seen more evidence suggesting bigger, heavier, non deforming bullets have faster take downs.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the question was more of a mechanical one.

Ie, are there any JHP bullets that are likely to case FTF FTE problems with my USP once I take delivery?

For example the S&W .22a I've got works terribly with Federal ammunition, but fires Remington thunderbolts all day with no problems. Yes, i'm aware a .22 shares little in common with a 9mm, but I have to imagine some shapes, and loads still don't work as well as others in any particular gun design?

Then again, maybe I am over thinking this, and should just buy bullets that go bang, and shoot lots of them. ;)

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've put well into the thousands of rounds through my USPF 40, and not had a FTF that I can recall. Alot of the rounds I fired were black talons, silvertips, etc.

Then again, maybe I am over thinking this, and should just buy bullets that go bang, and shoot lots of them. ;)
Good idea, its fun, and the practice may save your life one day. :92:

·
Registered
651 Posts
oh yeah, as for holster check out the blackhawk cqc for outside belt, as for inside waist band I don't think I've ever seen an IWB for a full size USP

·
Registered
127 Posts
usp holster options.

i carry my hk uspf 45 in a f.i.s.t. or blade-tech iwb holster. it works very well. the fist holster is a k3 kydex j-hook with medium cant. right side. pow'r-ball or federal hydra-shok is what i use for self defense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts