HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my new HK from grabagun. I accidentally ordered the p30sks model. I love the double, single action with the decocker on the rear. However I dislike the safety lever. Is there a way to just remove the ambi safety without effecting the function of the p30sk? I tried the search feature but I couldn't find any guides

·
Banned
474 Posts
No, it can't be removed just like P30S/P30LS. And you are righ, safety levers are pure evil :).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Get on the phone and cancel the order. If that doesn't work send an email. Nothing will get processed til Tuesday anyway.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Welcome to the site--- safety levers are all the rave!!! :biggrin:

Tony
They sure do make for a lively forum discussion, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
...And you are right, safety levers are pure evil :).
I've lived too long and seen too many firearms "fads" come and go. Everything from how to stand and hold a gun to putting lights on guns, but the current trend against safety levers is just mind boggling. I guess I'm just to damned old to continue shooting guns.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I've lived too long and seen too many firearms "fads" come and go. Everything from how to stand and hold a gun to putting lights on guns, but the current trend against safety levers is just mind boggling. I guess I'm just to damned old to continue shooting guns.
Im torn on the subject to be honest. I EDC a P2000sk V1 9mm and train and shoot often. I watch new shooters fumble with guns way too often and often think what is going to happen to them if they were ever in a situation where they had to draw and push a pistol in a defensive situation. I was recently in the predicament and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, Im glad there was not a lever on my pistol.

I think it is like anything else you want to be good at in life, practice...train...repeat

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was looking forward to trading in my P938 for a P30SK DA/SA, 3 mags, night sights, no safety and a week after checking with the shop, the distributor is out of stock. Waiting now. Ugh!
Don't have the patience to order online with sending to FFL etc and the fact the shop is trading in my P938 for me at a decent price compared to the others in the area I live in.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I was looking forward to trading in my P938 for a P30SK DA/SA, 3 mags, night sights, no safety and a week after checking with the shop, the distributor is out of stock. Waiting now. Ugh!
Don't have the patience to order online with sending to FFL etc and the fact the shop is trading in my P938 for me at a decent price compared to the others in the area I live in.
It pays to find a local FFL. I have one 5 minutes from me, works out of his house. Set up a GB account and I buy and sell a lot. Anything I sell my FFL will ship for me for very low cost. This enables me to get the value I want out of guns I sell and get th best pricing on new stuff. The LGS prices are skyrocket high and trading in anything is absolute butt rape.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Im torn on the subject to be honest. I EDC a P2000sk V1 9mm and train and shoot often. I watch new shooters fumble with guns way too often and often think what is going to happen to them if they were ever in a situation where they had to draw and push a pistol in a defensive situation. I was recently in the predicament and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, Im glad there was not a lever on my pistol.

I think it is like anything else you want to be good at in life, practice...train...repeat
Neither system is really a magic solution. People who don't train with their pistols will still shoot themselves in the feet with multiple safeties and will still fail to defend themselves effectively even with no safeties. Pistols just plain require practice no matter how you design them.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Folks are clamoring for as compact a subcompact as possible, so it only makes sense that one wouldn't want the extra width of safety levers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts