HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have Vector V89K that is a MP5K clone with a 5" barrel. I can get standard bench groups of 2" or less with WWB at 40 meters with iron sights. I have not tried better ammo, but i can close the gap with my Aimpoint. I am really quite happy with the accuracy of these barrels. From what I understand, there is only one supplier of these barrels for all the clones (Hesse excluded), and they have a good reputation.

Rick

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pretty dang accurate, I have the CA94 with the fake can on the front, once you get the gun running consistently it is very accurate, I take it back to 35 yards at the local range and rapid fire with iron sights in probably a 4" grouping. Its nasty.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I can make 6" groups at 50yards...no problem. All 30 rounds in the head of a target.

Maj

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Jeff, I think I am gonna trade in my UMP for a MP5-40. I like the LOP better on the MP series. Plus I will have a couple thousand bucks in my pocket to spare. You seem pretty happy with yours. Is there any dislikes?

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
I've got a 2000 SW5 with a barrel that I cut down and crowned with a hack saw and files. It was about three hours of work. With an EOTech 1MOA dot I can just about connect the dots (conservatively about 1"-2" groups) at 50 yrds. I'd need a real scope to do any better than that.

I whole-heartedly believe that the MP-5 clones can shoot better than they need to, based on what I think is their intended shooting range/parameters. But hey, maybe that's just me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Jeff, I think I am gonna trade in my UMP for a MP5-40. I like the LOP better on the MP series. Plus I will have a couple thousand bucks in my pocket to spare. You seem pretty happy with yours. Is there any dislikes?
Just a few minor things, the mag well is tighter than the UMP/USC so mag changes are a bit slower, no last round BHO(although an MP5/40 may have one), barrel changes are a bitch.

On the plus side, the MP shoots softer, 9's are cheaper to feed(may not apply to .40's).

That said, I don't like the LOP on the UMP either and now that the State has made me unemployed I may be selling mine as well. I was toying with getting Ed's stock block "C" and puting a short ACE stock on it.

So why the .40 and not a 9, mags and accessories are much expensive with the .40.

As always, YMMV. Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts