HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen and read plenty of reliability and ergonomics reviews and all have returned stellar as expected. I was wondering if any of you new HK45 owners have had a chance to do a bench test from 25 and if so give us the skinny on what the average group size and load outs were. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's the first thing I'm going to do when my pistol gets here Friday or Monday. Ammo will be military issue 230gr Ball FMJ WCC67. Will see how it does...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Haven't taken mine to the range yet just kicking around a target in the backyard a couple of times. It does that real well I will have to take it to the range one day and see for myself though.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Accuracy was the first thing I checked on mine. Both from close in and as far out as 20yds (longest the indoor range I was at goes). My off hand group from 20yds was about the size of my hand with fingers stretched all the way out (I have relatively small hands though) with 1 flyer way out of the group (that was all me, I knew it when I shot it). Off of a rest the size was down to the size of my fist (this inlcuded 2 flyers out of the main group). I am quite certain this gun shoot WAY better than I am capable of shooting it. As I moved in to 15 and 10yds I had very tight groups, on several occaisions I had 4 and 5 round groups that were just one large jagged hole.

After I was confortable with the accuracy I began shooting from a holster, and did double and triple tap drills. The follow up shots were VERY quick, faster than I am used to with other handguns....

good luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies thus far. What I was really hoping for was an accuracy test comprising of several different off the shelf brands of ammo with varying weights.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks for the replies thus far. What I was really hoping for was an accuracy test comprising of several different off the shelf brands of ammo with varying weights.
I'm willing to do it.

I will need an HK45, and several different off the shelf brands of ammo with varying weights.

PM me for shipping details.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just qualified with mine the other day. While I can't tell you what the gun can do from a Ransom rest w/various ammo, I can give you a more realistic appraisal.

I shot 298/300 on the state course, with the majority of the rounds creating a nice rat hole in the target. It's a 60 rd course of fire going out to 25 yds. The rest of the day was spent on the El Prez, movement drills, controlled pairs...the HK45 performed flawlessly (while it was snowing, to boot).

As someone else said, the HK45 can shoot better than we can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts