HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After half year getting around to ordering an ACE folding stock for at least the MM23eK and possible a second for the 223's, depending on how the first set works out. One can get stock lengths of 7.5", 8.5" and 9.5" with either a half inch or one inch thick recoil pad ... looks like the choice is between the shortest two lengths. (AKFX-FS) ACE Original Side Folding Skeleton Stock

Have had help from several of the guys here, but though would do a quick poll on who is using what size and length. The MM23e's have the two pin G3 type rear end and the side rails welded in , so no A3 stocks, but any other options are always considered (i.e. do have a NIB folding PDW style HK91 stock that would work ;-).

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
JT...

I have one I use on my PTR32. I think it is the 9.5" with 1" recoil pad. It's well made and comfortable but I dont like the torque style( i think ...may be allen style...same point though) bolts that attach the buffer to it. They strip easily.

-HH

·
Registered
920 Posts
JT...

I have one I use on my PTR32. I think it is the 9.5" with 1" recoil pad. It's well made and comfortable but I dont like the torque style( i think ...may be allen style...same point though) bolts that attach the buffer to it. They strip easily.

-HH
Did this work ok? Or did you have to mod the reciever or block for it to fit? I'm searching for a PTR 32 PDW to SBR and the logical next step is what stock..l

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
No mods I know of. To be honest though I sent a bunch of parts up to Ghillie to fit and test which he did so I never really messed with it.

-hh

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I went with the 8.5 with the small rubber pad and I think it is too long. I would do the 7.5 and pad if I had another shot at it.

My experience on the PTR receivers has been that the ACE receiver block needed some dremel action in order to fit.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I'm 6'2" and my shirt size is 16 1/2 34-35. :) I've realized over time that I like my prone, shoulder fired, FA rifles to have shorter rather than longer stocks. I think the shorter stock makes them easier to manage when it is time to get it on.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I am down to six foot (shrink as you get older) and no longer arm size ... will get either 7.5 or 8.5 depending on flip of the coin. Getting late enough this year due to ACE having been back ordered and other "stuff", that is on this winter's project list.

Thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
i run ace stocks on my 51, 53 , and on my lage m11 . have tried all of the others and use the ace extensively. it is durable , comfortable , and a lot cheaper than most of the other stocks. i'm 6' and wear 17 1/2 , 34-35 and i use the 7.5 with rubberpad 8.5 would b fine also but i use the 7.5 because if i have a thick coat on i still want the gun to come up quick and clean with no catch or hitch and it also allows for tight quarters function easier than the longer but like jt said either will work. i also run red dots on all of these guns and they work fine .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ace folder on ptr 32 pew

The ace folder did not fit this gun and they were not available at any phone number to help. Very disappointed and I did not want to drummer my new stock to make it fit, anyone know how to make it fit without hacking anything up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts