HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it’s been a while since the sp5 released, so I’m wondering is it still worth it to try to call around and search for one at a store (Colorado)? If none of the stores even have one is worth being put on a waitlist? like do you think it would be over six months to a year before one would arrive at the store? Or is it worth the extra bank robbery, tax evasion, and insider trading to pay for one on GB. Just wanted to hear your opinions. Would have been on top of snagging one in 2019 but darn it I was anti gun back then, stupid me!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know it’s been a while since the sp5 released, so I’m wondering is it still worth it to try to call around and search for one at a store (Colorado)? If none of the stores even have one is worth being put on a waitlist? like do you think it would be over six months to a year before one would arrive at the store? Or is it worth the extra bank robbery, tax evasion, and insider trading to pay for one on GB. Just wanted to hear your opinions. Would have been on top of snagging one in 2019 but darn it I was anti gun back then, stupid me!
I think HK just recently brought in another batch. I would call around and put my name on a list if possible. Gun broker is probably the last place I would look.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Start making the rounds of all your local gun stores, include the big stores like Cabelas/Bass Pro and others, and ask directly if they have an HK SP5. You might be surprised. The one I snagged recently had been in their pocession for a week but they hadn't displayed it because "it was so expensive, they were afraid it could get marred" or something. So if you don't see one in the case, don't be afraid to ask.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Start making the rounds of all your local gun stores, include the big stores like Cabelas/Bass Pro and others, and ask directly if they have an HK SP5. You might be surprised. The one I snagged recently had been in their pocession for a week but they hadn't displayed it because "it was so expensive, they were afraid it could get marred" or something. So if you don't see one in the case, don't be afraid to ask.
This.

Bigger chain stores less likely to price gouge as well. I found an SP5 at Scheels in June by walking in...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Local store just had a SP5K come in (not what you are looking for). Just pointing out that a SP5 might turn up locally.
Been monitoring GB for SP5's. Recent sold prices are below $4K. $3200 for the lowest I saw and $3700 for the highest.
Still no where near MSRP [let alone a good selling price], but moving in the right direction.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anti gunner to SP5 buyer in less than a year. Sounds like a story in there somewhere.
Yeah, it’s a great hobby and glad more people are getting into it. the nice thing is that it’s a overwhelmingly one way street. Hardly any people give up guns once they learn about them and then come to realize all the previous arguments and stats they thought they understand is all BS.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The 3 places I would try in Colorado would be 5280 Armory, Machinegun Tours, and Ark Tactical. They tend to be the places I find firearms like the SP5.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here's what I would also do in addition to checking local and big stores... Setup in-stock notifications for every SP5 listing (i.e. grabagun has three different SP5 listings) at GrabAGun, Midway, Brownells, Buds, etc. But you gotta be fast.

I managed to snag one of the recent SP5s from Grabagun earlier this week - I saw the email come through and had the email order confirmation about 90 seconds later. I was half expecting to get a refund and order cancellation, but it went through. Be sure to set up accounts and remain logged in at those places as well because I you will lose out to someone that can checkout faster (for instance that isn't entering their address or creating an account, etc).

You never know when these will come back into stock either. I bought an older style SP5K (M750900-A5) I stumbled across on Buds in May 2019... Three years after the release when they were thought to be all gone.

Brownells
100-039-658WB

GrabAGun
GAG_LS-81000477
GAG_HSS-81000477
GAG_RES-HK81000478

Buds
Item# 119910

·
Registered
185 Posts
Check local gun stores. I got mine locally, from a large hunting/outdoorsy store that doesn't have a web storefront. The gun department manager could care less about gouging or adding a ridiculous markup. They don't do that. He sold it to me under MSRP and threw in an extra mag. I shop with them quite a bit and they know me so that helped. They even laughed and joked about me flipping it, but they knew I would keep it. They already told me they'd hold a PDW a week or so for me when they get one of those in. 👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
Call around but I would expand my search outside of Colorado too just in case bc you can always have it shipped. For the PDW, one shop an hour away wasn't doing a waitlist so I asked about placing an order and they said as long as I put 20% down (refundable) they could. He said no one else had done that up until that point so fingers crossed if they get one I'll be first. I'm not expecting to get a call this year about it though.

Secondly, sometimes you might have to bite the bullet depending how much you want it right now. Prices seem to have been dropping a little over the past month or so

·
Premium Member
3,459 Posts
There is a limited number of customers for $3000 guns. My guess is the only reason SP5s aren't languishing on shelves for $2500 is the political climate.
There are apparently a number of people who will pay $4K and much more for a SP5K-PDW. Right now, a $3K SP5K would be scarfed up in less than a minute. As long as supply is less than the number of customers (limited or otherwise), prices will stay high.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As long as supply is less than the number of customers (limited or otherwise), prices will stay high.
The current political climate is a HUGE factor in said supply at retail price. The current firearm supply issue is artificially inflated by fear. "Scalpers" know this which is why there are plenty of guns available on GunBroker for those who don't mind overpaying and none available in shops at retail price. Shops sell on GB too. I would guess that almost all the folks that spent $4-5K for an SP5 did so because they fear it's now or never. I personally can't see HK ceasing SP5 production any time soon unless they are forced to because of a ban. A couple more weeks and we'll know if those that overpaid were geniuses or not. Good thing is that even if the price drops they'll still own an SP5.

·
Premium Member
3,459 Posts
The current political climate is a HUGE factor in said supply at retail price. The current firearm supply issue is artificially inflated by fear. "Scalpers" know this which is why there are plenty of guns available on GunBroker for those who don't mind overpaying and none available in shops at retail price. Shops sell on GB too. I would guess that almost all the folks that spent $4-5K for an SP5 did so because they fear it's now or never. I personally can't see HK ceasing SP5 production any time soon unless they are forced to because of a ban. A couple more weeks and we'll know if those that overpaid were geniuses or not. Good thing is that even if the price drops they'll still own an SP5.
Sometimes more than one. Some here brag about how they’ve picked up another one, or another SP5K-PDW, even though they already have a couple.

·
Registered
736 Posts
There are apparently a number of people who will pay $4K and much more for a SP5K-PDW. Right now, a $3K SP5K would be scarfed up in less than a minute. As long as supply is less than the number of customers (limited or otherwise), prices will stay high.
So I should call back my LGS and buy the PDW they're offering at $3000?

;)

·
Premium Member
3,459 Posts
So I should call back my LGS and buy the PDW they're offering at $3000?

;)
Go for it. You could buy it for yourself, buy it and resell it for personal profit, or be a pal and tell others where it is so they have a chance to get one at that price.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts