HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to see, and thought I saw some HK's in there tonight but the action is fast. Great movie, haven't been affected by one so much since I saw the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan for the first time. Good on ya SEALs, glad you have our backs no matter what you carry.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I'm going to see this Sun night.... I've been waiting for this movie to come out... glad to hear good reviews so far...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Saw it last night. Read the professional reviews that said the actors weren't any good. Laughed because I know they aren't actors, but operators. Not like anything else and the hype fits. Awesome action work that would inspire any of us. Just enough personal lives coverage to see that everyone has one, even if it is forgotten for a time. Well worth it. Might go back for the matinee. Saw the MP-5's and what I thought would be a G3 carried in these hotspots. Kind of surprised to see no 416's or 45c's in use. Maybe the Navy didn't want them displayed? Or the scene was shot too early on in the process. Either way, it is hard to beat.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The film style reminded me of 84 charlie mopic. Good flick, the only thing that bothered me is that nobody ever seemed to even get their pulse up in any of the firefights. Maybe they are just that cool, but I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Saw it last night. Read the professional reviews that said the actors weren't any good. Laughed because I know they aren't actors, but operators. Not like anything else and the hype fits. Awesome action work that would inspire any of us. Just enough personal lives coverage to see that everyone has one, even if it is forgotten for a time. Well worth it. Might go back for the matinee. Saw the MP-5's and what I thought would be a G3 carried in these hotspots. Kind of surprised to see no 416's or 45c's in use. Maybe the Navy didn't want them displayed? Or the scene was shot too early on in the process. Either way, it is hard to beat.
If the movie is accurate (I have not seen it) then there would not be HK416's and HK45C's in the movie as they are only used by one unit not all of the teams.
G3Kurz

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Saw it last night, VERY good movie!

As G3 said, I think only team 6 uses the 416, I think the rest of the teams use the modified M4? I could be wrong though..

·
Banned
4,248 Posts

As G3 said, I think only team 6 uses the 416, I think the rest of the teams use the modified M4? I could be wrong though..
I believe there are differences in what the East and West coast teams' inventory/usage from what I have heard. Again, I have only seen this in context with the SCAR 16/17 in that they didn't seem to be on the same page at the same time. Perhaps SDduc can comment on that.

Also, glad to hear good things about his movie. I was a little concerned they might have been over-playing the whole SEAL concept.

·
Registered
16 Posts

The Navy designator used to be Mk 18, for the SEAL version of the M4, and if I remember right it had a shorter barrel than the M4. Dale

·
Registered
134 Posts
First of all - great movie. No HK handgun love though...all I saw were Sigs.

The Navy designator used to be Mk 18, for the SEAL version of the M4, and if I remember right it had a shorter barrel than the M4. Dale
Yes it does have a shorter barrel than the M4, a Crane 10.3". Some speculate this to be the minimum effective barrel length for said platform, both in terms of terminal ballistics and operable reliability. The weight loss and added maneuverability far outweigh any small decrease in range.

Many custom builds now utilize 10.5" barrels to allow suppressor mounts to easily clear rail systems (since low pro gas blocks/long rails are the fad nowadays). Since the issued MK18s use carbine-length rail systems with fixed FSB, there are no issues mounting the KAC NT4s.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
First of all - great movie. No HK love though...all I saw were Sigs.
Saw it last night, pretty good movie.

There were a few HK's in the movie. The poor bastard that gets shot off the dock was using/holding an MP5. The Mexican assault force the SEAL team links up with were using MP5's also. And one of the QRF baddies riding in the back of the truck was holding an HK91 I believe. That's all I spotted though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If the movie is accurate (I have not seen it) then there would not be HK416's and HK45C's in the movie as they are only used by one unit not all of the teams.
G3Kurz
That is a cryin' shame. If exiting a body of water, come'on................................It would seem that if you're on any of the teams then HK would be on your short list.........they are on all of ours :) .....................................what, ST7 doesn't need the same standard applied as ST6?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sigs and Colts unfortunatley. Obviously, the bad guys had HK 94's and 91's. Can you imagine a shootout in a 3rd world country without badguys having HKs?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts