HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i spoke with the guy who runs actionsbyt and he wont even do work to the lem trigger.... he says its too rough and the precocked design makes it rediculous to run.... i just installed it in the 4.5 lb version and found that there is actually a point near the breaking point that the trigger pull gets harder before it breaks, its easy to get used to and i still like it but i would like to know if there is a way to make this pull more smooth rather than getting harder near the breaking point.

also is there a single action only version for the hk usp, i thought there was but i looked in my usp manual and didnt see one..... the guy can get the pull of the da/sa down to 9 in da and 4 in sa, but id be happy using a 4lb sa pull b/c you could run a set screw down in front of the trigger as well as in the rear and have a very very short trigger since the reset point is less than 3/16 of an inch from the breaking point. i know a lot of you like the da/sa but i want to get this gun to run like a competition gun and be the first guy to do the handgun combat master test with it, and that would help a lot.

any ideas!!?? im leavin for basic on monday so post fast i want something to think about while im goin thru hell. haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Variant 1 can be carried in single action mode. There is one other variant that is strictly single action. I have always carried Variant 1 cocked and locked with a round in the chamber. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good luck in BCT. I went through the Fort Benning School for Boys many moons ago. Work hard, keep your nose clean, and remember the drill sergeant is second only to God.

As to the SA USP...isn't the point of the handgun combat master test accomplishing the times without using a racegun?

I also carry all my HKs in condition one. They're all variant one, primarily so someone else can pick them up if necessary and use them (or decock them safely). In daily use I forget they have DA capability.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
i just installed it in the 4.5 lb version and found that there is actually a point near the breaking point that the trigger pull gets harder before it breaks, its easy to get used to and i still like it but i would like to know if there is a way to make this pull more smooth rather than getting harder near the breaking point.
This "harder point" is when trigger starts to deactivate piring pin safety. The lighter setup you have, the more you feel it. When you use setups with heavier weight trigger return spring, this increased weight is barely noticeable). Best way to reduce it (without removing firing pin safety that is) is to use firing pin safety spring from match trigger kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts