HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Question, can a buffer be added to an HK93 A3 stock that currently doesn't have one (like the one in the picture)?

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
There is a post here of someone rigging a buffer. Honestly the buffered and unbuffered stocks are both super desirable. I would just sell that one and get a buffered one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow you can see where the carrier was slamming the plate. There is a post here of someone rigging a buffer. Honestly the buffered and unbuffered stocks are both super desirable. I would just sell that one and get a buffered one.
It's not mine.

What I didn't know was if the holes would line up for a buffer to be added. The center hole looks large enough to drop on in, but the screw holes look "off".

Didn't know if the cap was different for buffered vs non buffered.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
It's not mine.

What I didn't know was if the holes would line up for a buffer to be added. The center hole looks large enough to drop on in, but the screw holes look "off".

Didn't know if the cap was different for buffered vs non buffered.
I can show you pictures of other non buffered carriers for comparison, no idea if a buffer can be added though but I don’t see why not. That’s a question for Mike

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I added buffer to one of my A3 stock. It was not easy luckily all parts are available at RTG. You will need these parts and heat gun to loosen thread locker, HK put lots thread locker on the internal buffer screw.

During reassembly, clamping lever spring tension is another difficult part but luckily I have another stock so I can go back to reference it. Take lots photos at each step of disassembly will help for reassembly.

I followed this diagram for disassembly: HK G3 retractable buttstock disassembly ©mg-42.net 2003-2006

you also can reference this thread Retractable Butt Stock Take Down & Assembly

Need these parts:
HKG3 33/53 BUFFER SPRING WITH BRAKE RING

HKG3 HK33/53 A3 BUFFER PISTON NIPPLE

This screw has lots thread locker also staked so I replaced it after removed it with heat gun and Dremel.
HK G3 33/53 A3 INTERNAL BUFFER SCREW

·
Registered
397 Posts
Personally, I’d grab a buffered carrier and call it a day. Judging by the amount of money good condition 93/53 A3 stocks are commanding, the buffered carrier is the easier and cheaper route.

·
Registered
325 Posts
look at the rear of your carrier, if it looks like this, has a "protrusion" coming from the rear, then you already have a buffered carrier. mine came with the VECTOR V53 pistol

if not, then you would need to buy a HK33/93/53 buffered carrier, that would be the easy and fast but the expensive way ....or modify the stock to a buffered stock, cheap but difficult as what was said in this thread

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
APEX has 33/93 buffered carrier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts