HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any secret on adjusting the rear sight on a P30. The previous owner had the sights upgraded to nights and the store pushed the sight to far left. I've tried using a brass drift trying to move it, however it doesn't want to move. I'm being cautious to not damage the slide, I'm not so worried about the sight because it was damaged on installation.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Use a bigger hammer and a nylon block.

What are you using as a clamp for the slide? I hope you at least have a good vice. Make sure the material touching and holding the slide is softer than the slide material and finish.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I adjusted mine using brass punch and brass hammer tapping on the base hard enough to move in small increments. I didn't have a vice and they needed adjusting so I held it firm on my worktable covered by a soft cloth. Nothing to it, really.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I adjusted mine using brass punch and brass hammer tapping on the base hard enough to move in small increments. I didn't have a vice and they needed adjusting so I held it firm on my worktable covered by a soft cloth. Nothing to it, really.
Same here on installing & adjusting sights, except I did use my vise with a piece of wood on each side... When I used to work on guns quite a bit I had some 3/32"-1/8" sheet lead that I used to hold gun parts & stuff I didn't want to scratch or mar in the vise...
Have a good one...XPman...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I lay them down on a piece of carpet on the concrete basement floor. Since the concrete has less give than the wooden bench there's no bounce. I can hold the pistol down on the floor with the heal of the hand that's holding the punch. Use a good size hammer. I tried a smaller one but you had to swing it faster and it wanted to jump around more. Go one tap at a time until you get it where you want.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Someone needs to make adjustable sites similar to the USP tactical for the P30/P30L.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.