HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was shooting my H&K MP-5A3 this past weekend. Usually the A3 stock is on it. Typically groups great with one ragged hole. Found out that as the range increased, I had a tendency to shoot to the right with the A3 stock installed. Switched to the A2 stock...and back to dead center.

I am a lefty....but never really noticed the pull that happens when I shoot the A3 stock.

This happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Probably the lack of a good cheek wield on the A3 stock.

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts
I used my A3 stock the first time I took hkpro's SMG class (March/DFW) and had no problems at all. I used a B&T folder on a k-gun the second time I took the class (July/Houston) and, again, no problems.

I have not experienced any point of impact shifts due to different stock usage.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I use my A3 for display. When I shoot my MP5, HK51 or 53, I switch to A2. It seems that the A2 raises the rear sight as I tend to put the bottom corner of the stock on my shoulder which raises the gun up higher and I don't lean my head over. My MP5 has an Aimpoint on a low B&T. Watching film of real SWAT teams, I noticed that almost all of them used the A2. The late style A3 for the 53 curves out at the bottom which works ok too (just real expensive). My opinion is that The A3 is just more comfortable especially with an E&L pad.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Stock options

Try the B&T stock, once you have tried it you wont go back. It has all the best of both types of stocks in one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts