HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:
I am a 07 but restrict my self to making of SBRs not dabbling in Full Autos.
I am not always up on the "dos and donts"
A friend of mine is wanting to install of Full auto pack without the sear just so it will have the "cool factor look" with the SEF marking.
Since the Full Auto Position will not do anything except produce semi auto fire, I dont think its a NFA violation
if he installs that pack without the sear. Any opinion is appreciated. Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
For cool factor he just needs the trigger frame / housing to be a FA one, not the pack. Just use a safe-semi pack in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
When you say "full auto pack without the sear", are you meaning a pack that has had a registered sear installed, but it will be removed? Or do you mean a factory full-auto pack that's been modified to fit a shelf type receiver, but the sear has been removed? Either way, if you put the selector to full auto position and pull the trigger to the stop, you won't actually get full auto fire. You won't even get semi-auto fire. What you will get is single-shot fire. When the selector is in the full auto position, the trigger pulls the trigger sear so far away from the hammer than the sear won't catch it when the bolt cycles. The hammer will follow the bolt carrier all the way back to battery. To get it to fire again, you'll have to recock the hammer, which will dump an unfired round onto the ground. To prevent this (and to be fully ATF compliant) we weld a stop pin at the rear of the trigger pack, so that no matter what position the selector is in (including burst or full auto positions) the trigger can't be pulled back far enough that it doesn't catch the hammer each time it's fired.

When we do this to factory full-auto packs, we also cut out the axle location for the auto-sear and relocate it to the position of the registered sear (which is the same as in a factory semi-auto only pack). I definitely would not take a factory full-auto pack, make it fit a semi, remove the sear, then put it on a semi receiver. That would be considered making a new machine gun conversion device, because the only thing required to make it run in full-auto would be to reinstall a factory sear. Bad idea.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For cool factor he just needs the trigger frame / housing to be a FA one, not the pack. Just use a safe-semi pack in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe HK parts.net sells the housing with pack that we are wanting and its semi only but with SF marking
and to answer AviatorDave....Thanks for the question...I havent seen it but it was described to me as a housing with SEF markings and a semiAuto pack installed

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Ok. If it's a semi-auto pack, the selector won't be able to move up to the f/a position anyways if it has a semi-auto selector. if it has a full-auto selector, it will be able to move the selector to the full-auto position, but the trigger will be blocked so it will shoot only in semi-auto. Perfectly legal. Markings mean nothing, only functionality does.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Your terminology is wrong. The 'pack' is the metal box with the trigger parts inside of it. The 'housing' is the plastic or metal grip housing; the pack goes inside it.

You need a grip housing with SEF markings (most likely 'clipped and pinned'), with a semi-auto trigger pack in it. There is no legal drama from doing this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts