HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Looking for a good long gun and I would like to get an HK. I've had a USP for quite a while now but I am unfamiliar with where to get HK's long guns. Additionally I have a few other questions.

-Other than the USC and SL8-6 are there any HK long guns that a civilian can buy. I'm not in the military or anything like that.

-Do any gunsmiths modify the firing options so that a weapon becomes semi-auto only. If so does this make the weapon legal for civilians.

please send any links or ideas, thanks.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
As far as current production "military/LEO" type long guns/carbines there are only the SL8 and USC.

If you are looking for a used gun you can go with:

HK93 (5.56 NATO) - clones such as the Vector V93 are also available
HK94 (9 mm) - clones from Vector, S&W, Coharie/Cohaire are also available.....basically the long barrelled version of the MP5
HK91 (7.62 NATO) - clones such as the PTR-91 are also available

Unless you live in a state that allows it and you get clearance from the Fed, you will not be allowed to purchase a fully automatic firearm. If you go to on line auction houses or ad sites such as gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com you can see what's out there for sale and what the average selling price is.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I guess it all depends on what you want to use the rifle for. HK made an excellant line of hunting/sporting rifles back in the good old days. Models 270(.22lr), 300(.22mag), 630(.223), 770(.308), 940(30-06), SL-6(.223), SL-7(.308),SLB2000(30-06). I can tell you that they were great rifles.Spendy but you can find deals on them from time to time.The SLB2000's are going for $650-$850.Thats a great price for a semi auto hunting rifle that kicks a** on anything available from another manufacturer. You can't go wrong with any of them! Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Get an HK91. They cost a good bit more than some of HKs long arms, but are a great weapon. With a 5 round clip it'd make a good deer rifle then pop in a 20 round clip and it's as good a paramilitary .308 as you'll find anywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts