HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in on the preorder on the PTR made C93 deal and though it probably won't arrive for a month I've been looking at accessories already to make my dream gun.

Some of the things I've been thinking about would be:

A wide black handguard with heat shield - I heard these C93s ship with a lower quality thin handguard, which I'd like to replace with the real deal. The handguards are one of the best looking features on these guns imo. Can you buy them with rails on the bottom or do you have to add those?

A wood stock and matching wood handguard - I'm not sure how difficult they are to swap between every once in a while, but if it's not a big pain to exchange stock+handguard a wooden set sounds really interesting to me. They wouldn't have to 100% match, but as close as I can get reasonably without needing custom stuff.

A simple vertical foregrip. - Is this a common addition to these guns? I'm curious about how hard it is to get a rail across the bottom of the classic handguard.

A detachable sight mount - I don't know if people prefer the claw style or something else, but whatever is painless to attach and detach and looks good with the gun. Those super low profile rail mounts did seem tempting.

What do you guys think? Anything else I should be considering? Where are the best places to buy these things? I know about HKparts but some things do seem a tad pricey.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the incoming acquisition!!! :biggrin:
I would say yes to all 4--- rails would need to be added on that particular forearm, especially for the vertical grip--- just get a quadrail--- sounds like you will be spending more for accessories than what you paid for the rifle, :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I would ship it off to Ghillebear(HK builder) and have a rail welded on and refinished. If it's a vertical grip you want, skip the wide handguard and get a PTR or B&T handguard with real mountable options. If you want a wide HG, RTG parts is your place .

Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I had a G3 wood handguard shortened, then installed on my C93, together with a G3 wood butt and an aftermarket wood pistol grip. I also had similar wood put on a PTR-91. They make quite a pair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts