HKPRO Forums banner

Advice: Shooting Low w/ HK 45 w/ Jarvis Extended/Ported 6" Match Barrel

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  ARCTICDETH 
#1 ·
Hi all,

New member here, hopefully this is the right place to post :)

I have a full size HK 45 and I've swapped out the factory barrel for a Jarvis Match Weight Length and Ported Barrel (6.02"). The barrel reduces the felt recoil of hotter loads a bit, and it just looks cool.

I've noticed that I've been shooting quite low with the Jarvis barrel. I'm fairly certain that my grip is on point, my trigger pull is smooth, and I'm not flinching significantly enough to have consistent low hits at around 15-20 yards (Note: my groupings are, for the most part, pretty tight - just low). I don't have the Match Weight and hadn't planned on purchasing it, as I think more downward weight would lower my shots even more.

Any suggestions? Would anyone recommend fidgeting with the sights to accommodate the longer barrel? Or maybe adjusting my grip/hold? Is there some secret to shooting more accurately with an extended, ported barrel that I'm missing?

Thanks for your help!

#8 ·
I have the same barrel minus porting. Like others have said, you should be using a dead on hold. Hk pistols are all dead on hold, not 6 o'clock hold. And maybe work on not flinching. I only say this because you stated you don't think your flinching enough to affect it at 15 and 20. Ideally you should not be flinching at all.

#9 · (Edited)
If you're flinching any at all, the shot placement will be significantly affected.

I'm not a NRA Bullseye shooter by any means. My advice is go back to the 4 basics of shooting.

*Sights
*Trigger
*Grip
*Practice practice practice

This is 20 rounds at 45ft

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.