HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a new HK SP5 and can’t get any other magazines other than the HK ones to fit, they won’t even click or stay in, I tried the MKE ones, Korean mags and POF mags.
Anyone else have this issue ?
I also have a SP5K and have no issues whatsoever with any of the above mentioned magazines! They all work perfectly.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Easy solution: Sell off all the others and use the funds to buy the gold-standard HK mags.
Lol! Right on with the easy solution.
That said I haven’t seen an MP5 that cared if it got MKE or 2nd gen Korean mags (no experience with 1st gen or ETS. I don’t know anyone shooting non-HK mags out of SP5s. IMO it should handle in-spec mags by MKE and the 2d gen Korean mags. I don’t imagine it’s mag well and mag catch are any different from the factory MP5. If they are in spec.
I would want HK to tell me my mag well is in spec but I can be compulsive about such things...worth it to me to pay the postage. Other things to shoot while it’s gone. Others may be more frugal or feel differently.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Maybe a simplistic question -- but are you trying to seat them with the bolt closed or locked back?

H&K's don't like it when you try to seat magazines against a closed bolt. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you have a gun that doesn’t seat ANY magazine other that HK (open bolt), that gun needs to get fixed, IMMEDIATELY, as the magwell is most certainly out of spec. As above: If your trying to seat mags on a closed bolt, you’re doing it wrong. Retrain your brain to a different manual of arms.

If you’ve been convinced a fault in you gun is actually positive evidence of German space magic, I have some beans to sell you that will most certainly grow into a lovely new SP5K, given the proper care and attention on your part. I’ll pass along the address to which you can send the bitcoin.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Your post got me curious, so I just went down and checked. My POF magazines lock into the receiver exactly the same as my HK mags.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I don't use Fram oil filters on my Porsche either....just saying, HK mags are worth the money

·
Registered
231 Posts
I chose to stick with all HK mags as well. I only purchased one 20-round KCI magazine (Gen 2) just to have one that was flush with the pistol grip, so it would fit in a backpack better. 95-99% of the time, it's best to stick with factory mags. Buy once Cry once.

Reactions: WolfieRules
1 - 11 of 11 Posts