HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone currently make a suppressor for the MP5SD? I have seen them for sale or already on an SD but not found anyone currently producing them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ralph @ RTDS

·
Registered
340 Posts
AWC does make one, I believe the price on them is around $800.
Also Knights Armament makes a replacement can and according to testing is somewhere around 6db quieter than the factory HK can. I have read a post from Kevin the owner of AAC, he said something along the lines that it is one of quietest cans he has heard.

The downside is that they are not cheap, but the best never is.

Also SFCat it is RDTS (Red Dog Target Supply) not RTDS, sorry I just caught the typo.

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,291 Posts
Aftermarket MP5SD cans...

Ralph @ RTDS
Yes, + 1000

RDTS MP5SD cans in my opinion function better than factory German SD cans...

The design and simple features of the can make it easier to clean...

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,550 Posts
The original can uses a rather dated baffle stack design and is a rather big pain to clean effectively. Many suppressor manufacturers will make updates and replacements. Just not a "stock" item. I'd say that this is one of the few areas where one can improve on German engineering <snap!>...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the correction, Dyslexia is a mind of the disease...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't buy a Knight. They don't care about the civilian market. If you have a problem, they will tell you to go pound sand up your @ss, even if it is their defect!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I found RDTS's site and will contact them. I have the AWC catalog and don't see anything for the SD but will contact them as well as it may just not be 'stock', as mentioned.

thanks again
David

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the info. I found RDTS's site and will contact them. I have the AWC catalog and don't see anything for the SD but will contact them as well as it may just not be 'stock', as mentioned.

thanks again
David

Ralph at RDTS is a pleasure to deal with. He built my SD sear gun. I don't have a "real" SD to compare it with, but the gun is very quiet, and customer service is perfect!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts