HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For reasons I just can't explain, I really like the greenish/tanish/rustish dog s#!t color that is Accuracy International's FDE (Flat Dark Earth). HK fans will notice, the FDE on the HK 45/45c prototype guns Vickers shot is very, very similar:

I have searched high and low in an effort to find the right shade. I can tell you that no such color exists in rattle can form...not even close. A post in a G28 thread drew my attention to "Dunkelgelb" (7028) and "Graugrun Khakibraun" (7008). These colors are in the ball park, but not 100%. By accident, I stumbled upon a swatch at Lowes that looked the part. To my amazement it was 100% when I got home and compared it to my AI AE rifle. I now have a gallon of this stuff, and today I tried out my new spray gun on my HK 93 furniture. I am very pleased with the results:

·
Registered
780 Posts
I haven't decided whether i'll do the lower too.
I like it and think the lower would look good and break it up some. How come you did the rubber buttpad? It's just my opinion, but I think the pad would also look good black. It still looks great though and a neat idea.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to leave it but I didn't want to alternate black/tan/black/tan too many times lest it start to look like a bumble bee. I'll most likely be doing the lower and at least one mag in addition to some other stuff once I see how the paint holds up.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finish all, with the exception of the rear sight and flash hider!!! :wink:

Tony
[in a frantic hostage-taker style voice]
Don't tempt me, Tony! Cause i'll do it; i've painted before...i'll paint again. I ain't afraid to paint, man. Just to show you I'm not bluffin', look what I did to this custom AR, man.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts