HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Most of those will be set up way to high for a 416. For those systems you want a 30mm height system. Your best bet will be to use an Aimpoint part number 12194 ring set up and then bolt it to a QRP2 or LRP base for the CompM4 without use of the spacer. If you can find somebody who has removed or replaced the factory PRO sight mount with an aftermarket one it would be the correct set up. You just need to remove the spacer that comes with the PRO sight in order to place it at the proper height for the HK416.

For the Aimpoint Micro sights or Comp M4, the LaRue HK height mount is the hot ticket for that system.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
That's for the T-1, buddy. He wants it for Comp M3.

Cam,

I currently have en route one of the Larue Aimpoint mounts (built specifically for the KAC RAS II), which drops the optic .5" lower than that of the standard Aimpoint mount. I will be able to report by the end of the week.

HK sights sit .33 inches lower than standard AR sights when compared to the rail. Also, the difference in mount height between Absolute and Lower 1/3rd co-witness is roughly .19-.20 inches. This means that the RAS II mount should put my Comp M3 near Absolute co-witness position. That's the theory, but I will advise when I have it mounted.

The PRO mount is said to work if you take the spacer out. What kind of co-witness you get, i'm uncertain.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The PRO sight mount minus the spacer should put the dot just a hair above the front sight. My bad on the LaRue (and I REALLY should have known better). The KAC RAS II mount should work right. Everything I have done with the HK's in the past was using bottom bolt systems (PRO with QRP 2, Comp M4 and Micro).

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Absolute Co-witness is okay ( I use that height anytime I run fold down sights to get the sight as close to the boreline as possible. If you have fixed sights, you never want to be below absolute co-witness. Most prefer either a little above the front sight (Aimpoint 39mm height on a standard AR) or a full lower third (LaRue "Tall" on a standard AR).

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Absolute Co-witness is okay ( I use that height anytime I run fold down sights to get the sight as close to the boreline as possible. If you have fixed sights, you never want to be below absolute co-witness. Most prefer either a little above the front sight (Aimpoint 39mm height on a standard AR) or a full lower third (LaRue "Tall" on a standard AR).
By "below" meaning the co-witness is between absolute and lower 1/3rd, but closer to absolute in that the dot and aligned sights sit just at or below the the center line of the optic.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I haven't shot this setup much; only once actually to get verify zero and alignment. I commented on the 2 posts above regarding the sight picture. However, there seemed to be some confusion between Nyeti and myself in regards to some terminology. Here is my interpretation on the sight picture.

Again, here are visuals of Absolute and Lower 1/3rd:

Here is the co-witness sight picture for the RAS II/HK 416 as it appears to me in relation to the Absolute and Lower 1/3rd:

It's a very usable setup/sight picture. Because the M3 more "open" shall we say with the it's bigger lenses, body and the 416 sights don't cover as much down range compared to other iron sight profiles, this setup can work. Now, I would certainly never use this near-absolute co-witness with say a Micro T1 AND traditional AR15 A2 iron sights.

·
Banned
879 Posts
I just tried the HK diopters with an aimpoint + mount - spacer.

Gave an absolute co-witness and simply cluttered the hell out of my FOV.

I added the spacer back and put the Matech/Troy flip up combo back on as well.

If I had the HK flip ups, it wouldn't be so bad and i'd stick without the spacer, but I don't, so the diopters have to go.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sorry, I was out of town for awhile. Great pics pointblank, far better than what I draw on the board when I am teaching. You are dead on. The sight picture you have with the bottom picture is just fine with that combo. As you said, that would not fly with typical AR sights, but will work with what you are using. The way I was reading it was that the dot would be farther below where it shows in the picture.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts