HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the chance to put one of these Aimpoints on a USC/UMP or MP5 rig and really test it? I like the sight but don't think I want to take the plunge at that price point without some feedback. Aimpoint is asking nearly $600.00 for these stupid small red dot sights. I might be better off with Tasco for 1/10th of the price.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I saw the price on that the other day. Can you say OVER PRICED?????????

·
Registered
422 Posts
I saw the price on that the other day. Can you say OVER PRICED?????????

You have not seen the Comp M4's yet, have you? I think Aimpoint is trying to beat Trijicon or Elcan for the highest priced red dot scopes.

These scopes are cool but, come on $500+ for a non magnified red dot!?
I thought $350-$375 was alot.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Oh I've seen the Aimpoint M4's price!!!! When something is NSN and the government is bying it, that's what drives the price up IMHO.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No joke - seriously, why don't I buy a TASCO? It is not as cool looking (maybe) but it too projects a small red dot inside a glass tube. The Aimponit price is a joke. I like the idea of a small red dot on HK subguns but not for that price.

·
Banned
366 Posts
You know... The Chinese airsoft clone red dots are getting better and better in quality.

I have a real EOTech but my Aimpoint Comp2 is a Guarder brand airsoft replica. I figured it would loose its zero'ing by now on my real AR-15 but a few hundred rounds later, its no worse off then my real steel EOTech mounted to an AR-15 is.

I hear the new airsoft replica of Aimpoint Micro thing is coming soon. For the price I'll prolly buy the knock off.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,017 Posts
That's not a SAW it's an M240. Even so, point made.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The only thing you'll be lacking with the Tasco optics, is that they have not very clear dots.

My Docter Optics 7moa sight is like a perfect circle - anywhere on the lens... but my old Tasco BKRD42, when the dot moves to the left half of the lens, it smudges out, and distorts a bit.

It wouldn't be as much of a big deal on a carbine where your cheek is rested, versus a pistol (my mark23) that i had it on...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man... This is HKPro - home of the most expensive guns out there... And we're all complaining that Aimpoint has a high price on their little optic. I've got a ton of money wrapped up in my HKs so if this is the optic that will allow me to do what I want, chances are I'll buy it...

BF

·
Registered
870 Posts
You are correct, we pay a lot for our HKs!!! They are high quality German guns! We all know the quality is bar nun!!! Now I'm not taking anything away from Aimpoint, thay make a great optic. But why would the micro aimpoint be $200 more than a Comp M3 wich is 2X the size of the micro. The mark up on this little thing has to be huge!!! Once again when the bulk of your sales are the millitary, they mark things up to make a MUCH MUCH bigger profit!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts