HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no way of posting pics right now. I know I have the correct ring and optic, same as CZ-75, but the battery cap is resting on the rear right corner of the top half of the ring (looking down from the top).

So far the only way to attach it is to rotate the ring down and to the right and below the cap. Then you can put the cap back on and rotate the ring back up until it rests against the cap.

The BT-10266 Low Profile Aimpoint Scope Mount will be delivered tomorrow so this is not mounted. The front/rear lens covers are pointing at 11:00 when I lay it flat.

Shouldn't they be aimed at 12:00? What am I doing wrong?

·
1,199 Posts
I replied to your IM before I read this...

I have almost 1/8 inch clearance between the top half of the ring and the battery compartment cover.
with the battery compartment at about 1:30... the elevation knob at 12:00 and the widage knob at 3:00 (looking from aft to front).

The top half of the ring is only about 1/16 inch thick at the radius, but widens as you get closer to where the hex screws go.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replied to your IM before I read this...

I have almost 1/8 inch clearance between the top half of the ring and the battery compartment cover.
with the battery compartment at about 1:30... the elevation knob at 12:00 and the widage knob at 3:00 (looking from aft to front).

The top half of the ring is only about 1/16 inch thick at the radius, but widens as you get closer to where the hex screws go.
Well I don't have any clearance. The base of the ring is about 1 1/8" and that doesn't clear the edge of the battery lid...what now?

·
1,199 Posts
When I got my Aimpoint, the lense covers were not alligned at 12:00.

If yours came the same way, and you are alligning the optic such that the covers pop up at 12:00, your optic is sitting canted to the right just enough to make the battery cover interfere with the ring.

You want the optic mounted such that the elevation knob is at 12:00. Other wise, when you go to adjust the point of aim, the optic will go diagonal insteqad of up and down when you adjust for elevation.

The lense covers can rotate... they are stiff as all get out, but you can rotate the covers so the snap open at 12:00.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks CZ: the rings moved easily and like majic the BT ring mounts just fine!

For those interested I did find the BT low profile mount #10266 available also at Botach.com. and it is made by BT for Aimpoint and has the same #. DS Arms has them on back order & Botach was $19 cheaper!

I've ordered from Botach many times & never had a problem BUT my mount arrived without the screws or wrench...go figure.

I am able to set it on the HK MP5K and secure it with my finger and I am happy to report it does have a true co-witness as CZ has shown on another thread, with the red dot sitting on the tip of the iron sight and located in the lower 1/2 of the optic.

I'm using the BT21530 Low 30mm QD Lever Aimpoint ring on a ML2 (same set-up as CZ). I'll try to get some pics after I get the screws!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts