HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a random question. Does HK ever change parts or upgrade things on a newer the pistol in the same line? I have a AK date stamped HK45c... I was wondering if there would be a difference or reason to get the newest BB date code HK45c. Any ideas?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
They did on the USP line, but not on the HK45 line. HK45/45c are two of the newer models so I don't think they will make any changes anytime soon.
There wouldn't be any difference between AK and BB date coded HK45c.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
So I have a random question. Does HK ever change parts or upgrade things on a newer the pistol in the same line? I have a AK date stamped HK45c... I was wondering if there would be a difference or reason to get the newest BB date code HK45c. Any ideas?
And when the BC comes out, trade your BB? These aren't cars. The only upgrade that I'm aware of is the detent on the V1's. When I sent my HK45c back for a hammer issue they upgraded my detent plate. If I hadn't read the return invoice I would have been unaware of a detent upgrade. I doubt that any of us shoot enough or place enough stress on the platform to worry about the minor tweaks made during the product lifecycle to justify an upgrade.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. TooSixy... thats a lot of HKs in your sig! I thought I had a gun addiction ;) Would my AK have this detent plate?

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Thanks guys. TooSixy... thats a lot of HKs in your sig! I thought I had a gun addiction ;) Would my AK have this detent plate?
I'm not sure it was a revision or an out of spec being replaced on mine but it was an 'AK'. By secondary is a BA.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Like gt said, his may have been running out of spec, and that's why they changed it out. It may not be an "upgrade".

When your gun fails, due to use; address those parts and keep on chugin'.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Like gt said, his may have been running out of spec, and that's why they changed it out. It may not be an "upgrade".

When your gun fails, due to use; address those parts and keep on chugin'.
Well said Apollo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts