HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, after months f waiting, saving, searching and more waiting and saving. I will be putting the first of two payments down on my very first handgun; a NIB USP Compact .40 LEM on Wednesday afternoon. The bad news is, unless my car payment is magically paid by someone else on the 23rd, I'll have to wait until February 2nd to pay the rest:eek: I am now going to spend the next four and half weeks rocking back and forth, in the corner of my room repeating to myself..."28 more days and I'll be fine", "27 more days and I'll be fine", etc. Who else got pumped up waiting for their first gun? Or am I just a 27 year old screwball, nerd? Never mind, I know the answer:340:

·
Registered
35 Posts
My first handgun was a S&W model 624 6-1/2". I sold it to a friend several years later and regretted until he needed cash and it came back home. It's been sitting for several years in the back of the safe and will make a trip back to S&W later this year for a bit of engraving. :) Hold on to your first for dear life. Others will come and go.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the uspc .40 that i own now is my 3rd gun. it is by far my favorite out of the ones i've owned/held/shot. it fits absolutely perfect in my hand and it was love at first hold. my first was a springfield 1911, second was a walther p99. i first held the uspc when i was picking up a walther p99 that i ordered. if i had the extra $200 i would have purchased that uspc. well, i finally got one a couple weeks ago. you'll love it, it's a phenomenal gun. have fun shooting, and stay safe!!!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
You are doing better then I did my first handgun was a Jennings 380. I was young, poor, and didn't know any better.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are doing better then I did my first handgun was a Jennings 380. I was young, poor, and didn't know any better.
I almost bought a Glock when I first started looking around at guns. I thought they were the best gun to be had (stupid TV lied to me). Until I decided to educate myself. While they are fine weapons, they just aren't for me and I love the HK. The sick twisted part of it all, is that I already know what my second, third, fourth, fith and so on, HKs will be. Unfortuneately, if and when I do join LE, I won't have a choice but to carry a Glock 22 or 23 :(

·
Registered
616 Posts
My first handgun was a G30 for work....It never had any sentimental value because I had to carry it and didnt have a choice of the model. You are definitely a step above that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My first gun was a Sig P226 9mm. With night sights.

I have 3 HKs now and USPC .40 on the way. The Sig now rests with my father.

I was just bragging. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
My first handgun was a 1921 DMW Luger in .30 cal.
I wish I had that one back.

·
Registered
229 Posts
SS Ruger Speed Six in .357 Magnum.

Have one still.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
My first handgun was a Russian made Makarov 9x18. It was a tack driver, that is pretty much all I have to say about it. My best friend has it now.

HAHA I own page two.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Bought my first gun just after I turned 21. The GF let me barrow the cash! I walked into the sporting goods store, over to the HK's. I said I'll take the USP 40C. Gave them $673 after tax. Walked out 30mins after walking in. This was in 2001 and over 7k rounds later it is still my favorite gun ever even after shooting it and my new Tac 45 today :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bought my first gun just after I turned 21. The GF let me barrow the cash! I walked into the sporting goods store, over to the HK's. I said I'll take the USP 40C. Gave them $673 after tax. Walked out 30mins after walking in. This was in 2001 and over 7k rounds later it is still my favorite gun ever even after shooting it and my new Tac 45 today :)
I wish that I could get the deal locally that I am getting online, other wise I'd love to walk into the shop, slap my cash on the glass, point to the USPc .40 LEM and say "One, please". But over the phone with man from Tallahassee I go :)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I wish that I could get the deal locally that I am getting online, other wise I'd love to walk into the shop, slap my cash on the glass, point to the USPc .40 LEM and say "One, please". But over the phone with man from Tallahassee I go :)
Congrats Gerber! Let us know how you like the gun when it comes in.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
My very first handgun that I bought is the only one I've ever sold, and like everyone else that does it, I now wish I'd kept it. It was a T/C Contender with a 10" barrel in .357 magnum. Talk about accurate...

My first semi-auto I still have - Ruger P85 in about 1989. It was not expensive, but has been perfectly reliable and quite accurate.

My first HK? An HK94. I'd wanted one since high school. If only I had known I could have bought one when I was still in high school. :(

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well Gerber its worth the wait! Just take a deep breath and calm down. Don't miss your car payment for a gun, even if its an HK. You need a car to get to work, to make money, to buy more HK's. Just look at it like that. Pretty soon you will be looking for better paying jobs to support your habit. I did.

·
Registered
616 Posts
My very first handgun that I bought is the only one I've ever sold, and like everyone else that does it, I now wish I'd kept it. It was a T/C Contender with a 10" barrel in .357 magnum. Talk about accurate...

My first semi-auto I still have - Ruger P85 in about 1989. It was not expensive, but has been perfectly reliable and quite accurate.

My first HK? An HK94. I'd wanted one since high school. If only I had known I could have bought one when I was still in high school. :(
See I sold my first gun (a G30) for my first 1911 a SA loaded, which I sold to fund my 3rd HK (USPc 45). I havent regretted any of them. I hated carrying the G30, but it was the only model allowed for work, the 1911 was not reliable enough for daily carry and HK hasnt let me down yet. I would definitely not sell any of my HKs, they have a lot of sentimental value and strong memories...Im not really sure why I dont feel that way about the G30 or 1911. Im also thinking of selling my airweight 1 7/8" 357...again just not emotionally attached to it, but my HKs....well I treat them as if they had feelings of their own...go figure.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts