HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think I've found and alternative and mount to B-Square for HK sporting rifles. This should proivde a solid mount for HK sporting rifles. It comes with an 11mm rail, which is common in Europe. Leupold, Burris, Millet, BKL and B-Square, along with EAW all make scope rings for the 11mm rail. The mount has mounting studs that fit into the 05 clamp sockets in the top of HK receivers. Another option is take the 11mm base and have a gunsmith use it as a pattern for drilling a weaver or picatinny rail, or if you must have a removable mount one of our quick detachable bases for use directly with the studs. I've ordered a set from Germany and will let you know how they work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah yes...I see, well heck that gets spendy, $300 for the O5 mount, $300 for the rail........yikes!
Sure does. The one I'm looking at will be around $100.00, with shipping and currenancey change. It will not be detachable, but I don't care about that on a sporting rifle. It put scopes on my rifles and leave them on. It will be permanent and won't move.

·
2,832 Posts
sounds great, keep us informed.

I do like the 05 mounts(and claw mounts for others) as I do take off most my scopes(on HK's) when in the safe(storage space). I also like to be able to keep the stock sights, but like on my HK 300 I see no need for the 05 mount and the mount your working on would be perfect for that.

Sure does. The one I'm looking at will be around $100.00, with shipping and currenancey change. It will not be detachable, but I don't care about that on a sporting rifle. It put scopes on my rifles and leave them on. It will be permanent and won't move.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You know... yes, it's "kinda spendy" but what else are you going to put on your rifle or where might you get it from. These things are drying up and guess what.... the price isn't going down. Unless you run into some old widow or kid who doesn't know what they have, the best price you're going to run into is the one right now. 05 mount inventory in Germany is rigidly controlled. They trickle a few out every year and will not be making more, no matter what the demand is. Ever wonder why everything is always on back order?? Don't always believe what the internet gurus say is a proper price for this or that. It's simple economics and if you want it, get it now.

·
2,832 Posts
dont think anyone is saying not to get or use the O5 mount, but there may be options for some.

HK has 05 mounts in stock.....may have rings now as well.

I have 4 of the 05 mounts....but wouldnt mind something else for my 300, just no need for the 05 on it really.

You know... yes, it's "kinda spendy" but what else are you going to put on your rifle or where might you get it from. These things are drying up and guess what.... the price isn't going down. Unless you run into some old widow or kid who doesn't know what they have, the best price you're going to run into is the one right now. 05 mount inventory in Germany is rigidly controlled. They trickle a few out every year and will not be making more, no matter what the demand is. Ever wonder why everything is always on back order?? Don't always believe what the internet gurus say is a proper price for this or that. It's simple economics and if you want it, get it now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree with you about using an 05 on your 300. As fine a rifle as that is, the days of $65. 05 mounts are over.

There are probably additional options available for mounting a scope, holographic type sight, etc. on the above mentioned HK rifles, but unless I've missed something domestically made, you have to depend on good friends overseas to have the desirable accessories sent to you.

I too have a couple of 05 mounts and know that HK has them in stock right this moment, but I'm not prepared to pay what they're asking for them. It's a tough call because you want to stay "all HK" but maybe something else would work well instead.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
B-Square vs 05 mount

I have both and my plan is to use the 05 on my 770 and the B-Square on my 300 feeling that the lower recoil of the .22 mag really won't affect the perceived weakness of the B-Square mount. I would like to have an additional 05 mount but you just don't see them around much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
LP...The 05 adapter listed on GB is one I placed there. The pic rail from IEA is $212 USD plus the shipping with the current exchange rate. I looked at the IEA rail and decided I did not want steel on steel on top of the receiver. My rifle was expensive and it isn't go to seem like much of a bargain if I end up scratching the whole top of the receiver. I bought two extras of the adapters and am trying to cover my expense from the shipping/insurance. It is about a break even for me. They are expensive (spendy) as most parts for rifles that are made in Germany are. They won't be for everyone, but for the folks not looking for the cheapest possible alternative and want something unique that is machined perfectly to accept the Hensoldt or other Stanag spec scopes, this is the way to go. That is why I bought them. They are specially machined front and rear with small dovetails and holes to allow you to unbolt your Hensoldt 1, 2 or FERO from the G3 claw mount and screw it right on to the rail with a perfect fit. The Hensoldt works out great on the SL7 as I am sure it would on the SL6 as well. It might be a "sporting rifle" but with the 20 round mags and Hensoldt scope, it does not know that! Same would be true with the SL6 and the 20 and 30 round mags I have for it. At some point down the road the price might seem like a bargain. I remember buying 05 mount for $75 and they were not hard to find. Sundowner has a point. When you see items especially for HK and they are difficult to come by, you should get it if you need it. I have never seen HK part prices fall dramatically and no matter how hard we wish, they probably never will.

·
Registered
18 Posts
LP, I also want you to let me know when you come across some of those $300 05 mounts too! HK has them for $429 right now plus another $99 for the rings. The last time I bought one on the internet it was used and cost $400. They might be around a little cheaper but it has been awhile since I have seen one for $300. I would not mind having another for that price so put a post up when you see one for such a low price.

·
2,832 Posts
were did you find 20-30rd mags for either the 6 or 7?

I like the idea of the Hensoldt Zero on the 7

LP...The 05 adapter listed on GB is one I placed there. The pic rail from IEA is $212 USD plus the shipping with the current exchange rate. I looked at the IEA rail and decided I did not want steel on steel on top of the receiver. My rifle was expensive and it isn't go to seem like much of a bargain if I end up scratching the whole top of the receiver. I bought two extras of the adapters and am trying to cover my expense from the shipping/insurance. It is about a break even for me. They are expensive (spendy) as most parts for rifles that are made in Germany are. They won't be for everyone, but for the folks not looking for the cheapest possible alternative and want something unique that is machined perfectly to accept the Hensoldt or other Stanag spec scopes, this is the way to go. That is why I bought them. They are specially machined front and rear with small dovetails and holes to allow you to unbolt your Hensoldt 1, 2 or FERO from the G3 claw mount and screw it right on to the rail with a perfect fit. The Hensoldt works out great on the SL7 as I am sure it would on the SL6 as well. It might be a "sporting rifle" but with the 20 round mags and Hensoldt scope, it does not know that! Same would be true with the SL6 and the 20 and 30 round mags I have for it. At some point down the road the price might seem like a bargain. I remember buying 05 mount for $75 and they were not hard to find. Sundowner has a point. When you see items especially for HK and they are difficult to come by, you should get it if you need it. I have never seen HK part prices fall dramatically and no matter how hard we wish, they probably never will.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought one of the adapters from IEA a while ago, and they sure are expensive. But worth every penny. The price on Gunbroker seems to be about the same I paid for mine, considering exchange rates and shipping. I wanted to use my Hensoldt scope on my SL7 and that is the only option. But it is high quality German made, a perfect fit and not many made. I guess that's why they're so expensive.
I agree with eesmith1. When I have a rifle like this, I certainly will not put cheap stuff on it and maybe ruin it. If I had to, I would buy that adapter again.
There are supposed to be both 20 and 30 round magazines for SL6, but they cost.
20 round magazines for SL7? Yes, I read about them somewhere a while ago. Never seen them but they are supposed to be very nice and high quality. But it can't be many around. I have never seen any for sale enywhere.
If anyone sees one, please let me know -I would die to have one, at any cost!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HK 05 Mount

I need two 05 mounts with 1" rings. Does anyone know of someone selling one or two?

·
2,832 Posts
might try Dave at Fair Deal, I just picked up a set of 30mm rings from him(none left, only had 3 sets) but think he had 1" rings and might have the 05 mount, if not.......HK has them but over $400

Dave/Lena
Contact info below
FairDeal Firearms & Accessories
HK Premier Stocking Dealer
Missouri Class 3 Title II Mfg.
RT 1 BOX 1600
NAYLOR,Missouri 63953
1-573-857-3297
Business Hrs. Tue.- FRI. 9-3 cst

I need two 05 mounts with 1" rings. Does anyone know of someone selling one or two?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts